It doesn't matter if you are a veteran traveler or are planning your first trip on an airplane; there isn't anyone who doesn't want to save money on their airline tickets. This is particularly true if you're planning a vacation to a far off land and the last thing you want to do is eat up your entire vacation budget trying to buy plane tickets. |
Finding dirt cheap airline tickets takes some time and patience but it can definitely be worth the effort because we all know that traveling by plane is not that cheap. Whether you are on a budget or not here are some tips and trick you can use to find significant discounts the next time you travel by air.
1. Be flexible with your travel dates and times. Most airlines charge more for peak travel times during the week. By flying at off peak times such as mid-week and/or late evening/early morning you can find significant savings. This is also true of your destination. If you are planning a vacation try to go during the off-season. Not only will you find discounts for your destination but the airlines will also offer savings simply because they need warm bodies in their seats.
2. Book your airfare in advance. This does work to a point because if you book farther then 4 months out your chances of finding good prices are greatly limited. At the same time don't wait until the last minute because you will be charged full price. Your best window of opportunity is between 4 months and 12 to 20 days before your known travel date.
3. Compare, compare, and compare. Don't jump at the first deal you think you see. This is where having a little patience can come in handy. Shop around the different airlines websites, travel websites, and even travel agents to get an idea of what the going price for your destination is. This will allow you to pick the fare that best fits your budget and travel plans.
4. Look for package deals. If you are planning a vacation then see if you can find a discount package for both accommodations and airfare. This is something you can usually find through travel agents who know how to find these kinds of dirt cheap travel packages. Cruise vacations are also known to offer discount airplane tickets for their passengers, but you have to ask.
5. Call the airlines. A simple call to the airlines service representatives and asking what kinds of deals and discounts they have going is a great way to save money. In fact most airlines run discounts all the time but they do not actively advertise them.
Scoring dirt cheap airline tickets is not always easy but if you take the time to research your options and have some patience to find the deal that works best for you. Being flexible is your most powerful tool when it comes to finding cheap airfare and when you finally leave for that well deserved vacation just think how good it will feel with that extra cash in your pocket.
If you want more information about how to find dirt cheap airline tickets please visit the website Travel-Choices-Net.com by clicking here.
Related Articles -
Dirt cheap airline tickets, cheap airline tickets, cheap airlines, dirt cheap airline tickets online, cheap airfare, cheap airline fares, cheap airlin,