Have you or anyone around you ever said you were having a "senior moment?" In defense of seniors, you can have one of these moments at any age. What it refers to are those moments when you can't remember what you came into a room for or you can't find your car keys for the billionth time this week. These moments are a common occurrence, but the older you get, the more you worry if something more is going on. |
Alzheimer's and dementia are conditions in which memory and mental cognition are greatly compromised. Mental deterioration can occur very quickly. So, what can you do right now to help with the minor forgetful annoyances and possibly improve your odds of avoiding a more serious condition? There are memory supplements that have shown to improve, to varying degrees, brain function and memory processes.
Here are some of the more common memory supplement ingredients and how they work:
* Ginkgo Biloba-The recommended daily dose is 240mg for the full memory boosting benefits of this memory supplement. This herb improves blood circulation which means that more oxygen is getting to the brain. It also acts as a natural anti-oxidant by helping fight the damaging effects of free radicals on cells.
* Ginseng-This natural herbal memory supplement is believed to reduce fatigue and is usually taken in conjunction with ginkgo. If you are less fatigued, your mental acuity is better and your concentration level is higher.
* Selenium-This mineral has been found to boost energy and elevate mood. If you are feeling active and happy, you will think more clearly.
* Folic Acid-A deficiency of this vitamin increases the risk of developing Alzheimer's disease.
* Omega-3s-The benefit of omega-3s to brain function is that it is believed to affect the neurons that transmit information by building new lines of communication in the neurons.
* Antioxidants-These include vitamins like E and C. Proteins and natural plant extracts also contain antioxidant power. These hard-working ingredients fight off the free radicals that threaten the cells and tissue of the body. Free radicals come from the environment, pollution and stress. They rid the brain of oxidized cells and help repair damage.
* Vitamin E-Taking the recommended dose of vitamin E may help slow the onset of Alzheimer's disease. So, if there is a family history of this condition, you should seek your doctor's advice for the same. Vitamin E is believed to help in circulation.
There isn't a lot of research regarding these natural memory supplements so be sure to only take the recommended dose. Also, before adding any type of medication-natural, prescription or over the counter- always check with your physician or pharmacist first.
Make them aware of other medications you are taking so they can determine if there is a risk of drug interactions. Just because these memory supplements are natural doesn't mean they can cause a bad reaction with something else you are taking. Give your brain a daily workout with the cross-word or Sudoku to stimulate it and take memory supplements to get the blood flowing.
Vitamins for brain can support memory, improve concentration and overall cognitive performance by aiding the circulation of blood and oxygen to the brain which helps remove unwanted toxins. Visit www.goodelements.com for high-quality supplements to promote optimal health.
Related Articles -
memory supplements, vitamins for memory, vitamins for brain, Good Elements, brain vitamins,