The reality is not all home improvements are worth the money you’ll invest. However, most home experts agree that replacement windows should make the top 10 lists for best bang-for-your-buck renovation projects.
In Minnesota, the winters can be long and brutally cold, and a replacement window should offer a variety of insulation and efficiency features. Consider replacing your windows with vinyl windows in St. Paul and the surrounding area to increase energy efficiency. Vinyl windows are one of the least expensive options, and they are also highly efficient at blocking air leakages.
Here are some features to look for when making decisions for vinyl window replacements:
- Double-hung windows are considered classics and are the most popular choice for builders and homeowners alike. Both panes slide vertically. Some models come with special hardware that allows sashes to tilt in for easy cleaning.
- Casement windows pivot on hinges, and most styles are tall and narrow. These types of windows are considered to be more airtight.
- Slider windows open horizontally, and some have the option of both sides being openable.
- Choose double- or triple-paned glass for maximum energy efficiency. Most of these windows use an insulating gas –such as argon or xenon—between the panes to create a stronger vacuum seal.
- Coated glass makes cleaning easier, but it also helps protect the home’s interior from harmful UV rays that can fade carpet, drapes and furnishings.
- Glass spacer systems are what create and maintain the spaces between the glass panes, and affect the overall performance of the window. Look for narrow spacer systems that don’t detract from the aesthetic value of the window, but offer high wind, UV light, ozone, and oxidation resistance.
The most important part of window replacement is finding a reputable dealer who offers quality products, and who offers warranties on the workmanship and installation of your new vinyl windows in St Paul.
Related Articles -
vinyl, windows, st, paul,