Last Updated: August 22, 2010
- General Guiding Principles
- OEI respects the intellectual property rights of third parties. As users of our Website, you must respect the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, of third parties.
- You agree to submit materials that are relevant, civil, ethical, and appropriate.
- No obscene, harassing, or harmful materials are allowed.
- Material Submission
- You represent and warrant that the materials you submit are original to you and accurate, you have all the necessary rights to submit such materials and to have such materials be posted on this Website, and the materials you submit do not violate and will not violate the rights of any third party or any local, state, national, or foreign law, including, intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy, or any other proprietary rights.
- You must not submit any material on this Website which you did not author, or which you obtained from somebody else, or which you have no rights or authority to provide.
- You must provide us your real name and current contact information.
- You must provide proper attribution and authorship information.
- OEI does not guarantee that materials you submit will be published. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to remove or eliminate access to any materials from this website, without notice to you or to any third party.
- You agree to accept full liability and responsibility for all materials submitted by you via this Website.
- You acknowledge that users of this Website may request that feeds be provided to them. By submitting your materials, you agree that users of this Website may receive feeds of your materials.
- You acknowledge that you authorize OEI and parties authorized by OEI to provide such feeds.
- Reprints and Use of Materials
- The materials published in this Website are protected by intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights. You must contact the author of such material to get permission to reprint or copy such material or use such material outside this Website. OEI does not provide contact information, except those that are provided as part of the material or voluntarily provided to be displayed. Please contact the appropriate author if you wish to reprint or copy the materials or use the materials outside of this Website. We do not guarantee that author contact information will be provided.
- The advertisements in this Website are also protected by intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights.
- You must not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the materials in this Website, including advertisements, unless you have specifically obtained the permission of the applicable owners of such materials.
- Your contact Information
- In order to access certain features of this Website, you may be required to provide information about yourself, including identification and contact details, as part of your registration or your use of this Website. You agree that any information you give to OEI, including via this Website, will be accurate, correct and up-to-date.
- You grant to OEI and parties authorized by OEI a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive fully-paid up and royalty free-license to copy, reproduce, distribute, display, and use any material (or portions thereof) you submit via this Website without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party.
- General Release
- You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless OEI, its affiliated entities, employees, directors, officers, licensees and assigns from any claims, damages, costs, losses and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, due to or arising out of materials you submit or make available via this Website, including, without limitation, violations of intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, rights of publicity, rights of attribution, or other proprietary rights, or any other liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- OEI provides this Website, including any features and services provided, "as is" and without any warranty or condition of any kind, express, implied or statutory. OEI specifically disclaims any implied warranties of title, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of informational content and non-infringement. You assume total responsibility and risk for use of the Website and any and all materials provided herein.
- You acknowledge that the materials on this Website are provided by third-party users. Such third-party materials are the sole responsibility of the users providing such material. OEI does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability, usefulness, non-infringement, completeness, or any other representations of such materials, including any provided links. You agree that you assume all risks and liabilities associated with using or relying on such materials.
- In no event whatsoever shall OEI, affiliated entities, employees, directors, officers, licensees and assigns be liable for any indirect, consequential, incidental, special, punitive or exemplary damages, or for any loss of profits or revenue, including but not limited to loss of sales, profit, revenue, or goodwill (whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise) regardless of OEI's negligence or whether OEI knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages, and in no event shall OEI total cumulative liability under this Agreement exceed $50 (US Dollars).
- OEI disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions, and conduct of any users, advertisers, and/or sponsors of the Website, in connection with the Website or otherwise related to any use of this Website.
- Compliance with this Agreement
- OEI reserves all right in our sole discretion to ensure compliance with this Agreement, including taking appropriate actions. OEI may disable, suspend, or block users from using this Website. OEI at our sole discretion may remove any and all your materials.
- You agree that OEI may release information regarding your use of this Website, including your materials, when OEI believes that such release is appropriate to comply with the law. You consent for us to take any and all actions we deem appropriate.
- Suspected Copyright Infringement
- If you have a good faith and reasonable belief that your copyright has been infringed or a user is not complying with this Agreement, please contact us via the Contact Us Form.