When it comes to planning corporate events, food can mean make or break. Providing food is important to showing hospitality to guests, especially when they’re company employees. Sharing a meal together is also an ideal setting for employees to build relationships with one another. |
Provide too little food, and people are left hungry. Provide too much food, and you’ve spent more money than you needed. And of course, quality of food is essential to the success of an event. When providing food for large numbers of people, like at company parties, hiring a caterer is hands down the easiest option. Here are five tips to help you select a corporate catering company in Salt Lake City.
1. Needs and services: Is your event formal or informal? Are you hosting in the morning or evening? Do you require delivery and set up? Do you need catering staff during the event? When looking for a caterer, make sure they provide all of the services you need.
2. Budget: Know your budget and stick to it. Be sure when getting quotes from caterers that they include all the services you need, not just the cost of food. What do delivery and set up cost? Is dessert provided complimentary or at an additional fee? How much do they charge to staff the event? The total sum of service costs should stay within your budget.
3. Menu samples: Look for a caterer who is willing to provide you with samples of their food. Any accomplished caterer should be ready to show off their work, so don’t be afraid to ask. Sampling food beforehand allows you to know the quality, taste, and presentation that you can expect.
4. Menu flexibility: Most caterers have a standard menu with specific food items and quantities. Experienced caterers know that no two events are equal. As such, they should be willing to adjust their menu to meet your needs.
5. Reviews: In today’s world, online reviews are plentiful. While internet reviews are a good start for knowing a caterer’s quality, they’re not always enough. One person’s idea of five-star services is another person’s three. Learn who some of the caterer’s past clients were and give them a call. It’s likely they’ll review more than a 200-word internet post.
Ultimately, selecting the right corporate caterer in Utah boils down to two things, knowing your needs and finding a caterer to meet them. When doing your research, don’t be afraid to ask the caterer questions or about custom services, after all, they are there to cater to you.
Related Articles -
Business Catering, Corporate Caterers, Event Catering, Utah, Salt Lake City,