Five Secrets to Using a Wig or Hair Extension for Successful Hair Restoration / How to Create a Beautiful Hairstyle By Linda DeLoatch |
Male or female patterned baldness, moderate thinning or overall unhappiness because the hair is not performing at normal levels of expectation, hair loss due to medical treatment or alopecia, are all reasons to explore hair restoration options. You may have some apprehension about using a wig or hair replacement system as a hair restoration option. However, when done by a hair replacement expert, a custom-designed human hair wig or hair addition will create a hairline that frames the face or coverage in the crown that will provide a natural-looking hair restoration alternative that suits your lifestyle.
The following are five secrets to using a custom wig as a quality hair replacement alternative:
1. The first is coverage and fit; it must enhance the shape of the head and overall body. Care is taken to not over-size and to keep in mind from the base where the hair will be woven and the flow of gravity as the hair falls. The decisions of the direction the hair will be woven begins here and the following step.
2. Step two is the materials from which the base will be made; consider how long the client expects the hair unit to last. Some materials are more durable but the more undetectable theatrical looks require multiple units over a year’s time. Make sure the materials are for the situation at hand. Example: lace materials do not go over hair, they belong on the skin.
3. Step three is the density; if you are teaming a design to blend with the client’s hair make sure it does not overpower it with too much hair. Lift can be knotted to achieve fullness versus adding more hair.
4. Step four is color; be creative, lighter or highlighted hair can go a long way in creating the illusion of less hair. Color designs that any one receives in a salon can be achieved with hair additions. Example, highlights, low lights or spotlights which are like foiling.
5. Step five is the cut-in; the most important is the everlasting cut-in, but relax, all the previous steps are the real work. Take the time to do a complete consultation and picture the outcome beforehand. Create your greatest hopes, dreams, and desires; do your part, stretch yourself and ask questions.
These five steps work to build a signature human hair replacement or wig for balding, thinning hair, or medical-related hair loss. Use these five steps to see to it you get your money’s worth for your thinning hair or hair loss solution. By Linda DeLoatch, Hair loss consultant www.imagesunlimited.org www.takecontrolofhairloss.com
Related Articles -
hair replacement, quality hair replacement, hair restoration, wig, thinning hair, balding, alopecia,