Before you plan your outdoor sign, it will do you a world of good to know what types of outdoor signs are available in the market. If you are armed with this market information, choosing an outdoor sign that goes with the aesthetics of your building architecture and is right for your business becomes an easy job: |
1. Portable, Changeable Signs: These are mostly ground signs and indoor signs. Your staff can easily lug these signs around and the lettering on them can be changed easily to display the latest offers. These signs are normally placed on the ground just outside your shop, but some varieties can also be placed indoors and some can be quite high-tech, too (for example, a scrolling LED indoor sign).
2. Vintage Signs: As their name suggests, these signs give that "old feel" or a "classic Americana" touch to your business.
3. Changeable Letter Banners: Seen the "Add To Cart" banners at a supermarket? Well, that is what changeable banners are - they can be used over and over again and are very cost-effective, too, as you can keep changing the message.
4. Flags/Pennants: These are made of polyester and are mainly used to "shout out" a single product or an occasion.
5. Neon Signs: Very effective and eye-catching if your peak business happens in the evening. Lend a cool, funky and a high-tech look to your business. They can be either fixed or portable (ground signs).
6. Mobile Billboards: If you want eye-catchers, this is it. Mobile billboards are huge, come mounted on trailers and most of them use fluorescent lettering. Sure to get you eyeballs - all you have to do is be clever with what you write.
7. Yellow Ground Signs: Yellow is the color of fire - and it is impossible to miss it as it hits you in the eye. Yellow ground signs have a yellow background and they do get you a lot of attention.
8. Indoor Digital Displays: As the name goes, these signs are fixed indoors and they are very user-friendly as well as customer-friendly. Your staff can key in whatever message you want them to - no hands involved, no changing required.
9. Outdoor Signs: These are fixed on the building premises and are a long-term investment. The trend now days is to use animated, multi-colored LED Digital Displays.
10. Eraser Signs: These are indoor or ground signs: Place them where you like and write what you want on them. Erase if you don't like what you have written or if the offer is over - whatever, these boards are easy and flexible to use.
These, then, are some of the signs that are available in the market. The non-electronic signs use a range of materials (canvas, polyester, plastics, etc.), so it'd be beneficial if you know what kind of material will be optimum for your business before you buy a non-electronic signage.
Related Articles -
sign, signs, signage,