Touch Screen is the most talked about feature in the gizmo world today. Touch Screen is an electronic visual display which can be controlled by just touching the screen with finger/ fingers. Some Touch Screens can also be controlled with objects like stylus, ordinary or specially coated gloves, etc. Touch Screens have eliminated the need for use of mouse, keypads and other intermediate devices as users can directly interact with the display.
Touch Screens are common in devices such as game consoles, all-in-one computers, tablet computers, and smart phones. There are a variety of Touch Screen technologies that have different methods of sensing touch.
- Resistive Touch Screen: is the most commonly used Touch Screen as it is the most durable. There are two layers which have a small gap in between and when you apply pressure to the screen a contact is created by the top layer touching the bottom layer.
- Capacitive Touch Screen: use a layer of capacitive material to hold an electrical charge; touching the screen changes the amount of charge at a specific point of contact.
- Surface Acoustic Touch Screen: are the most sensitive of the Touch Screens as they work by sending an ultrasonic wave across the screen, when the screen is touched the ultrasonic beam is altered and the information is sent to the touch controller.
Resistive Touch Screen has gained massive popularity today. It is used in more applications than any other Touch Technology–for example, PDAs, point-of-sale displays, industrial control panels, medical, and office automation equipment, as well as consumer electronics. This Technology is very popular among the manufacturers for its durability.
Benefits Of Resistive Touch Screens:
- Resistive Screens are pressure sensitive so they responds to any input device, including finger, gloved hand, or pen stylus.
- They are not only cost effective but are also consistent and durable in environments where equipment are exposed to contaminants and liquids e.g. restaurants, factories, and hospitals.
- Also, the screen is not affected by pollution and changes in temperature in the environment. The functioning amongst the layers is not really affected by variations in temperature. Resistive Touch Screens are considered to be more accurate as they rely on pressure.
RSP Inc has more than 50 years of experience in this industry. It provides high quality Digital Resistive Touch Screens at best prices. Based in Milwaukee (WI), the company also has an Engineering & QC Office as well as factory in China. The company has expertise in providing excellent quality Touch Screens, Circuit Boards, Wire Harnesses, EL Lamps, Silicone Keypads, Printed Graphics, Membrane Switches, etc. For more details, visit http://www.rspinc.com/ .
Related Articles -
TurnKey Assemblies, Custom Plastic Molding, Membrane Keypad, Membrane Switch, Resistive Touch Screens,