I’ll be blunt here. |
I don’t like how people seem to skip Thanksgiving and go straight to celebrating Christmas.
As soon as November comes, stores start bringing out their Christmas merchandise, and people start putting up their lights and trees.
They don’t take down their decorations until way past Christmas. The longest record goes to one of my former neighbors, who didn’t take down their lights until July.
Now I understand from a business standpoint that Christmas is a heavily commercialized holiday, and they want to take full advantage of it.
But Thanksgiving is my personal all-time favorite because it’s the holiday of gratitude (Duh, it’s in the name).
And gratitude is necessary to live a happy life.
One of the things I used to do is keep a gratitude journal. Each day, I’d write down the things I’m grateful for, good and bad.
Now I journal at least three pages each day in addition to having a gratitude list.
Since today is a special day, why not write a gratitude email.
Here are five things I’m grateful for.
1. People I met this year. Whether they’re networking contacts, clients, new friends or even people on my email list I interact with, I’m glad I met them all.
2. The friends I regularly interact with now. Being around them always makes my day better.
3. Technology. Making it easy to stay in touch with my friends, especially in a socially isolating time like this.
4. My mentors. That includes both the people I studied under directly and those whom I studied under through their books, courses, podcast, etc. I’d be in a completely different place if they weren’t in my life.
And last but not least,
5. The COVID lockdown. If I hadn’t been forced to stay home for eight long months, I wouldn’t have been working on the fun hobbies I’m doing now (Drawing and music). And How to Become an Email Titan wouldn’t have existed.
You can get the sample chapters using the link below. And if you haven’t heard of it, it’s a book I wrote that teaches you how to write engaging sales emails that your readers will look forward to reading and buying from.
Enjoy, and happy Thanksgiving.
About the author:
Ellisen Wang is an email copywriter and the author of “How to Become an Email Titan.” You can read the sample chapters of the book and learn how to write email copy that your subscribers will never get enough of and will make them want to buy from you by opting in at EllisenWang.com. When you opt in, you’ll also get daily copywriting, email marketing, and business tips sent straight to your inbox. If you don't want to optin, you can also read through the blog and listen to the audios for more marketing content and training.
Related Articles -
business tips, email marketing tips, copywriting tips, ,