For your Shillong to Kolkata move, you are running your head continually but have not been able to book yourself an efficient yet affordable moving company. You have a certain budget and the packers and movers in Shillong that you have come across to date have not matched your moving criteria. |
When you already have a lot of moving stress like this going on in your head, it could be difficult to concentrate on what is already on your table. Here, is the list of packing tasks and you cannot let go of those entirely to the movers that you will possibly recruit for your move, because certain things are better to be dealt with alone!
In short, you have plenty of things going on and to ensure, you do not lose track, you have thought to collect some expedient tips from this blog post! The moving tips we have collected here are super easy and worth reading ahead of the move!
So, do check them out below:
• Get things printed in a document: To keep your move organized, the foremost thing that you need to have with you right from the beginning of your move is nothing but a compact moving binder. Pick up a thick folder where you can keep all the important papers that you would need during the move: the moving checklist, all your receipts, planner, moving budget, important documents, etc. If you have designed separate checklists for each of your rooms’ tasks, make sure to number them as 1,2,3, and so on.
• Layout a fine budget for the move: When conducting a move, what you need is to take ample care of the finances. Unless you are ready to take up the responsibility of your move financially, you cannot focus on it mentally or physically. Plan the move at a point where you can source it with the required funds along with taking care of the additional expenses. If you are moving for the first time, you can take cues from experts and online resources to budget efficiently for the move.
• Have not one, but multiple checklists: You will see a lot of planners and lists getting created ahead of the move at your end. While some of the lists could be for tracking the ongoing expenses owing to the move, certain checklists could be to plan your move-out and move-in of your old and new homes respectively! Keep all these checklists securely and refer to them whenever you need to look out for something during the move.
• Design a detailed inventory for the move: One of the most important things, when you are moving homes, is how you prepare the moving boxes. The cartons you pack for the move should be chosen in good quality. Next up, you should decide on the items that you want to pack in those boxes because unless you inventory the things you are going to set aside for the different boxes, you would not be able to do the job rightly.
• Pack kitchen items, and cooking ingredients: Your kitchen would be one dreadful section of your household that would require professional assistance to be made move ready! So, decide who you want your kitchen to pack – if packing yourself, be careful with the steps you take to pack the complicated items. Clean before you pack and take care of the edibles in particular. Know which items are allowed for moving and which are not!
• Use your luggage bags to pack valuables: Items like glassware items, crockery, and other delicate items should be packed well within the luggage bags. You can also use specialized cartons and corrugated boxes for the purpose but since these particularly designed boxes are expensive, you may ask your moving team to pack them in sturdy luggage bags, hard luggage bags, suitcases, etc. If you are packing any of these, make sure you are being careful.
• Explore ways to pack toiletries/essentials: Packing the tubes of shower gels, face washes and bottles of hand wash, shampoo, conditioner, and hair oils would be tough. If you have too many bathroom essentials and personal stuff to pack from your bathroom, check which of them have not been used much. Pack only these in see-through plastic bags and seal their caps amply so there is no leakage. Keep these items within the cartons upright and fix them amply inside by stuffing extra cushioning around to eliminate extra space and also to keep them safe from falling over other items and leaking.
• Gather everything you can for cushioning: It is not just about the packing materials that the professionals will provide you with for the packing task but the resources that you will integrate into the process. You can repurpose items from your home that can work as great cushioning materials and can keep your belongings safer. Plastic envelopes, bubble wraps leftovers, and foam sheets that you may have at your house can be used to pack flimsy items.
• Decide on unique packing materials: You may collect special packing materials from the market that you think can assure your goods ample safety and security for the move. There is a variety of unique packing resources available in the market that is specifically designed to assure maximum comfort to the customers during their move. Seal envelopes, jewelry pouches, shrink film, customized paperboard boxes, etc.
• Examine the quality of packing yourself: Once the packing task is over, you should be there to check how everything has been packed by the movers. The moving team will tell you anyway to run an inspection of your moving cartons once they are done with the packing of your goods within the moving cartons. See if the boxes are labeled correctly and the vital boxes containing sensitive stuff and valuables are kept separately to be handled by the movers first on a moving day.
You have planned to move from Shillong to Kolkata and the team of movers and packers in Shillong has taken the charge of your move. If that is the case, you can just relax and simply experience the move process and make memories!
Related Articles -
packers, and, movers, in, Shillong,