Kayaking is mostly famous in places like Texas, Ontario, the Olympics and Florida. People over these places love to do kayaking in their leisure time like weekends or in vacations.This fantabulous game is meant for almost everyone from kids to age people too enjoy this activity. Mostly the Sea kayaks are being in demand today. |
But as every game has some rules Kayaking too has some sort of rules and regulations which one need to follow in order to learn it. Without following these rules or procedures it is almost impossible or dangerous to do kayaking. Some of the factors that must be taken into account have been given below: • First and foremost be aware of the weather conditions and water temperature. There also may be some alterations in the weather so be prepared for that as well.
• In cold water, a wet outfit or dry outfit can keep your body warm and at ease. In warm climate, a long sleeve shirt can help you protect from the heat of the sun.
• Watch out for the off-shore currents of air that make it complicated to get back to shore.
• Mixing alcohol or drugs with boating must be prohibited.
• Never surpass the load capacity of your boat and always test your equipment for any wear and tear before paddling.
• Seek out for a qualified instructor who will help you in learning proper paddling techniques, water safety and basic first aid.
• Self-rescue is one of the most important factors in this case. It must be learnt for all i.e. Still, warm, shallow water, and again in further severe conditions.
• The most important thing that must be taken care of is wearing lifejackets which will help keep your head above water and add insulation to your body, keeping you warmer in cold water. It is mandatory that all tandem kayaks must have a lifejacket on board according to the rules of the Coast Guard Regulatory bodies.
• You need to inform someone about your paddle plan, like where you are going, what you will be doing, duration of your paddling and the number of people in your team. Then stick to your plan.
• Always wear a helmet while paddling in the surf zone or in rivers which can be risky.
• Always keep plenty of water and food along with you so that you do not get affected by dehydration.
• Check with the locals regarding currents, shoreline conditions and weather patterns when you are planning your adventure in a new place which you are unaware of.
• Always there must be an escape plan with you which will help you when you have no other choice for survival. Following these rules with utmost care will help you in making your kayak adventure safer and enjoyable.
Rajkishore is an experienced Writer from India and currently working for woodenboatusa a leading Boat traveling Company. Kayaks are made for traveling in water and Eskimo hunters, it is made of high quality plastic, fiberglass, Kevlar, wood, aluminum frames and run by man power. For more information about Wooden Kayak for Sale please follow this website http://www.woodenboatusa.com/.
Related Articles -
Canoe for sale, paddling wooden canoe,