Is your laptop battery not holding a charge for long or at all? Do you need to keep your laptop plugged in to use it? These may be signs that you need to have a computer repair technician check your battery. Keep reading below and we’ll tell you all about laptop battery maintenance, care, and how to troubleshoot common problems. |
Laptop Battery Maintenance and Care
Laptop battery maintenance is important for the longevity of your device. A Laptop Repair Costa Mesa shop technician can explain to you how to get the most out of your battery. Here are some essential tips from the CrackedMyPhone technicians for extending the life of your laptop battery:
Troubleshooting a Bad Battery
- Once you’ve charged your battery up, use it! You don’t need to drain lithium-ion batteries as most people think. However, once it’s charged up, actually use the battery instead of keeping it plugged in.
- Keep your laptop cool! If the battery or laptop is starting to overheat, it’s best to shut it down and let it cool off. Also, keep your laptop off our actual lap in order to keep fan vents clear.
- Update your computer and software regularly. Programs are regularly updating. Some updates may introduce patches that reduce overall battery consumption. The less work your battery has to do, the longer it will last.
- Enable battery savers. Windows 10 has a battery saver feature you can enable in the power settings. On MacBooks you can enable the Power Nap setting which will also work to save your battery life.
If your laptop is no longer charging, the battery is overheating, or it’s not holding a charge for long, it may be time to replace it. A technician at a Costa Mesa computer repair shop can test the battery and tell you with certainty whether or not it needs to be replaced.
Laptop Repair Costa Mesa
- Make sure the power cord is plugged in securely to your laptop and the power outlet.
- Try another outlet to make sure the outlet is not the problem.
- If you have another power cord, try it to see if your power cord is bad.
- If you have an external battery, remove it from the bottom of the computer to make sure nothing is obstructing it. While the battery is out, press the power button on the laptop for 10 seconds. Put the battery back in and see if the problem is resolved.
- Make sure the operating system, programs, and drivers are all updated to the latest version and functioning properly
If the troubleshooting tips above did not help or you’re experiencing a more complicated issue, contact a laptop repair Costa Mesa shop like CrackedMyPhone. The technicians at CrackedMyPhone can diagnose any laptop battery issues and replace them when necessary. We are the leader in Costa Mesa Computer Repair and we can assist you with any of your computer or laptop needs.
Related Articles -
Laptop, Repair, Costa, Mesa,