If you select a designer card for your wedding invitations, you may get the feeling that you’re just following the trend. After all, your invites will look the same as everyone else’s. It’s just going to have different information. You don’t have to accept this reality however. There are several simple and easy ways you can customize any card, no matter what kind you ordered. |
1.Many sites let you choose the font that you think fits best. With this option, you can make any card classier or more relaxed. It’s a small but key detail that will help you bring out any aspect within your card.
2.Next, choose the font color. Keep in mind the background color of your card when you do this though. Don’t choose yellow when you’re ordering a classic white card: your guests won’t appreciate the squinting it takes to read the message. But, if you choose the right color, you can add an extra special and unique touch to your wedding invites. If you coordinate things correctly this works especially well, bringing out other details in the whole.
3. Wedding invitation wording is another key way you can make a card completely your own. You need to be cautious with this method though. Sending a message that’s too casual can offend guests. Be sure to run whatever you choose past several friends and family members. You can work your wording several ways:
- Play off an image or idea in your card. If you have sparrows in the corner of your card, you can do something as simple as calling yourselves ‘Love Birds.’
- Make your language light and fresh: use different terms for wedding like ‘tying the knot,’ ‘getting hitched,’ or ‘sealing the deal.’
- You can also use music lyrics, lines of poetry, quotes, or religious verses to accentuate your wedding invites.
4. Seals, personalized ribbons, and other accessories can also make your wedding invites shine. Seals are great for any pockets, wraps, or folds you might have in your invites, ribbons can be added either outside or around the invitation itself, and there are tons of other creative extras out there that you can personalize with your initials or some word that means something to the two of you (the world ‘love comes to mind). Take these letters and use a font that makes them into artwork, adding a new dimension to your existing invitations.
Related Articles -
Wedding, invitation, wording,