Today, I’m going to make a short list of why I prefer my ways of emailing as opposed to the conventional way, also known as, the corporate newsletter way. |
Let’s get started:
1. There’s no need to use any drag-and-drop editors,no need to deal with any coding, and no need to deal with images. Simply type and send.
2. The content can easily be repurposed. I can take almost any of my emails and turn them into social media posts, expand them into long form articles, retell them in podcasts, and even use them when writing books.
A good portion of How to Become an Email Titan was already pre-written as emails. All I had to do was edit and rearrange the content.
3. You can literally use any idea you come up with and turn them into emails.
4. Even the worst ideas can turn into somewhat of an interesting email.
5. Oftentimes, when you write those emails out, they’ll spark ideas for future emails.
Example: The idea for this email popped up after I wrote the email with the subject line, “Who my book is not for.”
6. You have the freedom to inject as much of your personality as you want. And that’s what keeps your subscribers sticking around.
6. Your subscribers have a chance to engage with you. I don’t know about you, but the last time I felt the desire to reply to a company newsletter was never.
7. It’s fun to write. It really feels no different than writing a letter to a penpal.
8. If you’re interesting enough and send emails consistently, ideally everyday, eventually it’ll get to the point where your subscribers will read your emails not because you wrote a good subject line, but because they see your name attached to the emails and read them out of habit.
I can go on further if I want to, but I think eight is enough for today.
But if you do like the sound of those reasons and want to learn how to write emails my way, use the link below to get a copy of How to Become an Email Titan.
About the author:
Ellisen Wang is an email copywriter and the author of “How to Become an Email Titan.” You can read the sample chapters of the book and learn how to write email copy that your subscribers will never get enough of and will make them want to buy from you by opting in at EllisenWang.com. When you opt in, you’ll also get daily copywriting, email marketing, and business tips sent straight to your inbox. If you don't want to optin, you can also read through the blog and listen to the audios for more marketing content and training.
Related Articles -
email marketing, email copywriting,