Who can forget that magic moment in The Forty-Year-Old Virgin when Steve Carrell wakes up with the Godzilla of all morning firmness. Men across the world must have felt a warmth in their heart as they are all too familiar with the situation. So what causes a man to get a hardness during sleep? Doesn’t he have to be awake to, you know, get things going? Actually, no you don’t and morning firmness is not only a happy surprise but a sign of good health. Let's breakdown the important things all men should know about morning firmness. |
How and Why Hardness During Sleep Happens
Let’s start with how hard-ons happen during waking hours. A man gets stimulated in some way - a touch, a particularly exciting image or memory, or even just a stiff breeze. He will experience this sensation in the parasympathetic nervous system which produces the release of neurotransmitters. Then the arteries in the member expand to accommodate the rush of blood flooding the male organ. And there you have it, a hard-on.
Now nocturnal male organ tumescence, or hardness during sleep, happens because there’s a natural increase in the parasympathetic system’s activity. It sends signals to relax muscles, slow heart rate, and push the brain into REM, the deepest dream state. This can create a nocturnal hard-on. Healthy men may have several in an evening without even knowing it. Another biological reason for hardness during sleep is that androgen, the hormone that drives sensual drive, is also at its highest in the morning resulting in morning firmness.
Blame the Bladder
A lot of people think morning firmness is caused by a full tank, likely because many men drain the lizard once they wake up with one. There could be some meat to this claim as a full bladder can excite the nerves in the spine which in turn creates a hard-on.
Morning Firmness: When Should I Be Worried?
Here’s the amazing news -- a morning firmness is a pretty accurate gauge of good health. So, if you are waking up with your soldier at attention, clearly you are doing something right.
Now, men who don’t wake up with a morning firmness may want to see their doctor as it could a result of a health condition, obesity, or smoking. If you aren’t seeing morning wood or getting hardness during sleep consistently for a substantial time, make the call. It could be nothing, but it also may be something you’d want to treat immediately.
Getting a Handle on Your Morning Firmness: The Big 3
It’s likely you already know this, but there are three sure-fire ways to hunker down a hard member:
- Hit the powder room and take a tinkle. Most times, everything goes back to normal and you can go about your day.
- Engage in some self-love. What a great way to embrace the day - embrace your member. Carpe the creme and get to rubbing!
- If you have a person in bed next to you, get some consent and then knock dem boots. Like number two, it’s a wonderful way to start a normally ho-hum Wednesday! Since androgen is at its highest and you just concluded several hours of relaxation and repair, morning intimacy can be quite energetic and fulfilling.
More than Just Morning Firmness: 7 Things You Can Do to Build Stronger Hard-ons
For any man that wants to optimize on his current morning firmness status, there are a few things he can do:
1) Keep all your regular check-ups and see your doctor whenever you think something might be "off." Also, conduct a male organ exam monthly (but weekly is better) and be sure to report anything out of the ordinary.
2) Get regular exercise as it gets the blood pumping…everywhere.
3) Eat a heart-healthy diet to not only promote a healthy lifestyle but also to keep hard-on-evils like high blood pressure and heart disease at bay.
4) Don’t smoke. ‘Nuff said.
5) Manage stress because hard-ons are not just physical, they’re mental too.
6) Keep your member squeaky clean to keep bacteria out and infections away. Wash daily with warm water and a gentle cleanser, being sure to get down in the folds of the skin and pulling back the foreskin. Rinse well and air dry.
7) Use a specially formulated genital health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) daily. This extra step delivers critical genital health promoters like vitamins like A, B, C, and D, as well as Arginine, which is a vasodilator (the medical term for boner booster). Apply after every cleansing for best results.
Visit www.menshealthfirst.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Related Articles -
morning firmness, hardness during sleep, genital health creme,