Wooden garage doors have gained a lot of popularity recently. However, it is also possible to cast out these doors out of other materials such as fiberglass or steel. Wooden designs have their own pros and cons as compared to the other materials. |
1. Wooden garages can be easily customized. Since, other designs are manufactured in standard sizes; therefore if you don't have a garage opening of a standard size then this can be a problem.
2. Wooden doors can be designed to easily accommodate any shape or size. So, if your garage floor isn't level or even if there are arches in the opening, then a wooden door is perfect for you.
3. Wooden garage doors deal with denting better than steel and aluminum doors. Metal doors can easily dent, however wooden ones won't dent.
4. It is also seen that wooden doors are able to withstand any kind of scrapes and scratches much better than the fiberglass designs. So, if you have kids playing around garage doors, then you don’t need to worry to about the doors. It’s just the kids you have to lookout for!
5. A major advantage of these doors is their look. Wooden doors are extremely classy and will give a sense of panache to your home. No other material can surpass the feel that wooden doors are able to provide.
6. They have this unique advantage of blending in with its surroundings unlike metal or fiberglass designs which may sometimes appear give the sense of odd one out.
1. Unlike steel garages that can be easily insulated, a wooden door may not be insulated with that much ease. Moreover the level of insulation in a wooden garage door is less.
2. Another disadvantage of wooden doors is that they need high maintenance. In fact, they require more protection than the contemporary steel designs.
3. It is also possible that wooden doors will dry out, unless you maintain them properly. Once they dry out, they will develop cracks.
4. In order to maintain the doors in high order it is important that you paint the wooden varieties quite often.
5. Wooden doors are really bad in dealing with moisture. If you reside near a beach or maybe in areas with often rains, then the excess moisture absorbed by the wood of the door can lead to the swelling of the wood.
6. If your garage door faces the sun all day long, then it’s better if you don’t go for it. Exposure to sun for relatively long durations can gradually affect the wood and might even shrink it beyond repair.
1. The best way to maintain your wooden door is to apply a durable and a weather-resistant finish frequently.
2. Film finishes for example varnish or paint-film finishes can crack and flake, so avoid them.
3. Oils and stains-penetrating oil finishes, are however much more flexible and give better results.
4. Whenever you apply anything on the door for its maintenance, your first priority should be to clean the door.
Everything has its advantages and disadvantages, just like wooden garage doors. They are easily customizable, and look surprisingly great than anything. But at the same time, pay heed to your climate and garage position before making a purchase. We, at vancouvergaragedoorservice.ca have all types of doors, wooden as well as metallic in the best designs and finishes. Our doors are so classy and sophisticated; you will definitely fall in love with them!
Vancouver Garage Doors is the leader in commercial and residential garage doors throughout Canada. Our scheduled servicing and maintenance products deliver superior value for money to Canadians. Certified to repair doors of major manufacturers, we handle every major and minor door issue with ease. Our experts also offer Eco-friendly door solutions. Contact us at 604-248-5922 for Garage Door Burnaby and Garage Door Repair Maple Ridge for more visit vancouvergaragedoorservice.ca
Related Articles -
garage, doors, repair,