Automate Your Home With Electric Retractable Awnings
Electric Retractable Awnings
Awnings are good at providing porch shade on your deck or porch. They are also considered to lower your heat bill during the summer by reducing the sun’s contact with the outside of your home. Electric retractable awnings take the expediency step further. Apart from just providing shade, these awnings also retract. So you are capable of contrasting the level of sun that shines on your deck and home. You also have to choose between a manual version and a motorised awning that you are capable of extending yourself.
Instructions on how to choose the best electric retractable awnings
1. Measure the width and length of the area where you would want to install the awning. Electric retractable awnings normally mount on the outside of a home approximately six to seven ft. high from the porch or deck. They also extend an extra 10 ft. outside, depending on the model and brand. Go for a retractable awning with a width that can fit on the side of your home. Make sure it has sufficient space to extend to its full length.
2. Examine the outside wall of your house where the awning is to be attached. Keep external objects in mind, since the awning cannot be attached on places with pipes, windows, wires, chimneys or other structures in place of mounting hardware.
3. Evaluate everything you may require when choosing between a motorised and manual retractable awning. In case you are planning on retracting it on a daily basis, then consider a motorised awning. This is necessary if you are buying a large awning that is laborious and heavy to extend with a hand crank.
4. Purchase retractable awnings that come with remote control in case you choose to buy the motorised models. The remote can be used far from the awning so it enables you while retracting from the ease of your backyard or home. This feature is well appreciated when rain storm or heavy wind comes your way and you can retract it while indoors.
5. Read about the user reviews of the retractable awning models you are considering to buy. Some awnings contain cheap motors that do not hold up well under consistent use. Some also have feature awning resources that tear easily when retracted. Getting ideas from the reviews will always enlighten you on the bad awning models. Buy a retractable awning with many optimistic reviews.
Electric retractable awning saves money on;
- 1. Cooling
- 2. Heating
- 3. Incentives
- 4. Online
- 5. Lighting
What can an electric retractable awning offer?
A quick check on some of the cases where it saves money-online shopping, cooling, and lighting- indicates how it saves cash. But that still leaves the question, are electric retractable awnings the best choice for you? There are several situations where purchasing and installing a retractable awning will advantage your electric bills:
- 1. Long summer seasons
- 2. Lots of sunlight
- 3. Cities with exciting environmental programs.
- 4. High electricity bills
- 5. Older buildings or homes without inner air conditioning
- 6. Buildings or homes with southern, western or eastern exposures
Thus, there are several reasons why buying an electric retractable awning is important. Increasing expenses make them the best way of saving money and reliable online firms make it prettily affordable.
Related Articles -
Electric Retractable Awnings, sun awnings,