To be able to lose weight, it is important that you control what you eat and how much. But with the many diets available on the market saying contradicting things, how do we really know which food would help us take off those pounds? Well here is a list of what foods to eat to lose weight. |
1. Eggs. Some people would argue that this is high in calories hence should be avoided, but eggs are actually jam packed with protein which is known to prevent fluctuations in your blood sugar. Unstable blood sugar levels often lead to food cravings and weight gain. Also, eggs make you feel full longer which keeps you from reaching for that chocolate bar in your pantry. It also contains Choline which is important for brain function.
2. Mushrooms. Some vegetarians actually use mushrooms as a substitute for meat as the texture and taste is similar. This option is also lower in calories and makes you feel full because of its high water content. What’s more is that it contains of a number of B vitamins like riboflavin, niacin, and folate. Studies have similarly shown that mushrooms strengthen your immune system and helps prevent certain types of cancer.
3. Oats. Fiber is a well-known food group that aids in weight loss. It cleanses your body of impurities, promotes fast digestion, and makes your stomach feel full. Buy the steel cut or rolled oats as these are the ones that underwent the least processing and still has most of its nutrients.
4. Green Tea. This has also been gaining popularity especially in Asian countries. It contains antioxidants such as catechins that promote slimming. Catechins increase metabolism and aids in fat burning. It also has caffeine and is a healthier option for your daily coffee intake.
5. Apples. These fruits are also high in fiber, water, and are really low in calories. It also has antioxidants that help in preventing metabolic syndrome, an illness that causes increased belly fat.
6. Grapefruit. It has been proven that people who eat half a grapefruit per meal or drink its juice three times a day has decreased levels of insulin and is able to keep hunger at bay. This forces your body to tap into its calorie reserves as a source of energy.
7. Cinammon. This spice actually helps reduce cholesterol, blood sugar and triglyceride levels. It can also take the place of your sweet cravings and control insulin spikes that make you feel hungry.
8. Blueberries. Like all fruits, this is low in calories and would help you shed the pounds as a sweet option instead of the calorie laden baked goods people often consume. It also has high levels of antioxidants which combat cancer.
9. Greek yogurt. This low-calorie food is a great substitute for cream, which is high in fat, in your cooking. It is also jam packed with protein and good carbs which helps stave off hunger.
10. Olive Oil. This is high in monounsaturated fat which, unlike other oils, helps burn calories. It also boosts your metabolism and increases satiety.
Are you looking for information on what foods to eat to lose weight? Visit http://lifestylesecretreview.com/ today!
Related Articles -
what, foods, to, eat, to, lose, weight,