Vomit on carpet is a bit disgusting to clean up due to its odor and if you do not know how to clean vomit from carpet effectively then you will fail. |
When you are cleaning vomit on your carpet you are actually suppose to do two things. The first one is to remove the vomit itself and the second one is to remove the vomit odor out of your carpet.
When cleaning vomit from carpet you will be needing the following
1. Dust pan 2. Spoon 3. Paper towels 4. Warm water 5. Enzyme-based cleaner 6. Vacuum
How to clean vomit from carpet – a step by step guide
Once you have prepared the things needed above you have to hurry cleaning the vomit from carpet before it has penetrated deeper on your carpet. The following are the steps need be followed to clean vomit out of your carpet.
1. Big things first. Unlike any other job wherein we have to start from small things then goes with the big ones, with cleaning vomit from carpet we have to start removing the bigger particles. Use your spoon and dust pan to scrape the bigger vomit particles. This is, for me, the most disgusting part of the whole process especially if the vomit is so wet.
2. Remove remaining moisture. Once you have taken out the solid vomit particles, you need to take the moisture also. You can do this but putting towel or paper over the area then blot. Just do it a bit careful so the vomit would not spread. 3. Partial Rinse. Once you have taken the solid particles and the remaining moisture, you need to spray over the area with warm water. Spray the area with warm water then blot it using your towel until you can see the area is a bit cleaner if not totally really cleaned.
4. Remove odor. After removing the vomit itself, it is now time to combat the vomit odor. This time we need the enzyme based cleaner. You can purchase this in any cleaning store. Enzyme based cleaner is both great for cleaning carpet stains and removing carpet odor. If you dont have any enzyme based cleaner, you can use vinegar. Vinegar is proven to remove odor. Dont worry the odor brought about by vinegar since it will just abate after a couple of minutes. Blot again the area to remove the enzyme based cleaner or the vinegar until moisture is lessen. Repeat the process until the odor is gone.
5. Dry the carpet. Once the area is totally cleaned already, put over clean towel and put some weights. This is to absorb the remaining moisture. Leave it for a couple of minutes. Come back to vacuum the area to restore the moisture of the carpet.
6. Dispose the vomit. Now, its time to dispose to garbage can the vomit particles you have taken out from carpet. Do it carefully so the vomit wont fall and create another problem.
If your carpet accumulates vomit be sure to clean it as soon as possible. The longer the vomit on your carpet the harder it is to take it out. It can penetrate much deeper unto the carpet pads.
For more information of this topic, check the links below:
carpet cleaning northshore
Related Articles -
carpet cleaner, carpet cleaners, carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning auckland, carpet cleaning northshore, carpet cleaning auckland, carpet cleanings,