Commercial painting refers to painting services rendered for commercial establishments and buildings in Melbourne. The commercial painting services cover a wide range of commercial establishments like schools, shopping walls, government buildings, industrial units, warehouses, etc. A company in Melbourne which specialises in commercial painting should be chosen carefully to complete the painting project for a commercial establishment. |
• Cleaning: a commercial establishment is most likely to be dirtier than a residential unit in Melbourne. Thus, the first step in preparing the building for a fresh coat of paint is to clean the surface of the wall, roof, tank, etc. A technique called Power washing is applied to clean the surface with water. This removes the dirt and other impurities, and makes the building ready for the next step.
• Repairs: the painters identify any damages that might have occurred to the surface to be painted. They will apply various tests to understand whether a fresh coat of plaster, or chemical treatment should be applied to the wall to make it ready for the fresh coat of paint. If severe damages are found, they will take further steps to rectify the problems before commercial painting is done.
• Procuring the materials: the service provider in Melbourne will procure the colours and other materials which have been selected to be applied from the reliable vendors. Since they are experts in this job, they will know the right suppliers in Melbourne who can give the best quality materials to be used for commercial painting.
• Preparing the surface: this involves applying a coat of primer to the surface to make it ready to absorb the coat of paint. The commercial painting service providers also take adequate precautions to ensure that the primer and the paint do not touch specific areas like doors, windows, tanks, etc.
• Painting the interiors: the painters will colour the interiors of the building. This would typically include the walls, ceilings, insides of the doors or windows, cabinets, etc. Since they are the experts in painting of different surfaces, they can apply the best techniques which will bring in great results. Commercial painting service providers can also apply wallpapers instead of paint to the surface in order to give it a different look.
• Exterior painting: this is a very different from painting the interiors. The exterior of the commercial building remains exposed to the elements of weather at all times. Thus special care has to be taken for painting the exterior of the building. Paints and chemicals of a different type have to be used for commercial painting of the exterior of the building.
• Finishing: this is a very important stage of the commercial painting process. Proper finishing is applied to make the painted surface smooth and shiny. Special chemicals are used to treat the exterior of the house to enable it withstand the weather. Thus, the longevity of the paint is ensured.
• Cleaning up: during the commercial painting, the area becomes dirty with paint and other materials used during the painting process. The commercial painter will clean the building which has been painted and make it suitable to be used as a commercial space once again.
About Author: Jay Roberts is an interior designer offering commercial painting services in Melbourne.
Related Articles -