Your website's ranking on search engines is a vital element of your overall marketing campaign, and there are ways to improve your link popularity through legitimate methods. Since search engines are the first stop for people on the Internet looking for goods or services, the position your website appears in search results is an important factor.
Before you go out and hire a search engine optimization company, try taking some of the simple steps listed bellow, and see if you can't boost your rankings yourself.
- Create a site with valuable content, products or services. And, make sure your site is fully operational before you have it submitted - Do NOT submite a site that is under construction or having just one page.
- Don't use the automatic submission services. Beware of companies that promise automatic submission of your website to hundreds of search engines which are but only false promises. The best way to submit your website for search engine ranking and inclusion is to do it yourself or to hire an expert to do it manually, by contacting the search engine companies and directories (i.e. http://www.WebDirectoryBank.com).
- Submit the domain or URL that have content in the corect format (http://www.mydomain.com - some directories accept it without http://)
- Take the time and choose the most appropriate category. Don't make the mistake of selecting the category too fast without checking if there would be a more relevant category.
- Check for broken links and correct HTML and avoid hidden text or hidden links.
- Pay attention to your keywords. Research and use the right keywords/phrases to attract your target customers. Keywords are the foundation bricks of the entire search engine system, and they demand individual scrutiny in your monitoring efforts.
- Use keywords in page titles itself. The actual text you use in the title tag is one of the most important factors in how a search engine may decide to rank your web page. In addition, all major web crawlers will use the text of your title tag as the text they use for the title of your page in your listings.
- Ensure that each page on your website has appropriate titles and keywords so that your customer can find their way back to your site if they lose the book mark.
- Select words or phrases that target a niche segment. Use the advanced tools available to create a list of relevant keywords which do not attract too much competition in your niche segment.
- Try to use text instead of images to display important names, content, or links. The Search Engines crawler doesn't recognize text contained in images.
- Don't create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substanially duplicate content. Google's algorithm really does take notice of duplicate content. Provide unique, relevant and fresh content to your users with a good grammar, correct spelling, and sentence structure.
- Use reports and logs from your web hosting company to see where your traffic is coming from. Analyze your visitor location and their incoming sources whether search engines or links from other sites and the keywords they used to find you.
- Write 10 highly informative and unique articles about the topic of your website. Demonstrate your industry and product or service expertise by writing and submitting articles for your website or for article banks so you are perceived as an expert in your field. When not sure, hire professionals. Though it may seem costly, but it is a lot less expensive than spending your money on a website which no one visits.
- REGULARLY UPDATE YOUR WEB PAGES. Search engine spiders love constantly updated content. Any changed to your source code would register in the search engines' systems, and their spiders would crawl through your website with priority the next time a relevant query is made. Get This Massive Collection Of 'How To' SEO Training Videos That Show The Easy Ways To Increase Your Online Profits, now: http://www.e-bestsellers.com/page14.html
Discover how to watch and learn while you sell & earn with this Massive Collection of Internet Business Training Videos: http://www.e-bestsellers.com/page12.html
These on page search engine optimization techniques are designed to give you a good page rank for your online business' website and are crucial to the success of your marketing campaign. Once you achieve a high search engine position, it is essential that you make sure you maintain the high ranking you have worked so hard to achieve.
Copyright © Anne-Marie Ronsen
You have permission to publish this article electronically, in print, in your ebook or on your web site, free of charge, as long as the author bylines are included.
free download free ebooks free software free premium content manual website submission Drug Reabilitation FORUM