Website design determines everything about your website. That is the content, the way it works and how it looks. Website design is the process of planning, building, and conceptualizing various electronic files that determines the color, text colors, structure, images, layout and the use of features that deliver pages to your customers. A professional web design will drive traffic to your website. There are many professional web design Birmingham companies that can help you get more traffic to your site. |
If you are not familiar with web design applications and the programming language, you have a number of options of designing your website:
• Use off-the-shelf software to create your website. For example, the Dreamweaver or the FrontPage software. • Get a professional website design expert such as web design Leiccester to create and build you a professional website. • You can use online website design tools with customizable web design templates to customize with your company graphics, colors and text.
Website design needs careful planning and thinking. Most important know your target audience.
Mistakes that most website designers make:
• Use of technology. It is good to use the newest technology, but if something on your website is not supported by the browsers that do visit your page, you will lose more of your potential customers. You can only use advanced technology only for elements that are not so important to the site as a whole.
• Videos and sounds. Videos and sounds that start automatically be annoying at times. Most people don’t like them because they can be distractive or inappropriate. If your site puts someone in a mess with their bosses, they will not be interested in visiting it again. This will give users a send off.
• Flash splash screens. Some designers might create a splash page in a flash or provide animation. They may be boring or too commercial to customers. Most people visit websites because they want information. If a user finds that the flash animation takes more than 30 seconds, they will just move to the next web.
• Flash navigation. Don’t use a flash for navigation. Customers don’t find it easy to use a flash to navigate. Use them elsewhere in your website but not for navigation. Mostly it is inaccessible. It will be hard even for search engines to navigate your site, thus, your pages will not be found into their index.
• Sounds and videos that have no easy to find off switch. You should have an easy way of switching on and off the sounds and videos in your website. That is if they play automatically. This will be a show of respect for your readers. Put them at a strategic point.
• Flash content. This is an important tool, but it should not be 100% of your web content. In case it is 100% use an alternative. Also many search engines do not index flash content well. Most people will click away as soon as they see the flash.
• Use of specific browsers and versions. Customers don’t like being dictated on what to use, instead they will just click away. They find it hard to change to another browser.
Choose a good web design Bristol Company that can help you with all this and help you rank top in search engine results.
Related Articles -
Web design Leicester, Web design London, Web design Wigan,