The importance of fruits and vegetables to a healthy diet has been known for quite some time, but studies have shown that very few people eat the amount of fruits and vegetables recommended for a healthy diet. |
Most people know that eating fruits and vegetable are good for your health. Yet many people still don’t eat enough of fruits and vegetables. Experts say that everyone should get at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. Increasing your vegetable and fruit intake will boost your health, you can also lose weight.
Many factors do determine one’s success at eating such a diet that involves a high amount of fruits and vegetables and being the very basis of the dietetic lifestyle emphasized in the drugless fraternity, let’s go over the proper methods applicable based on years of research and experience on just how to eat these substances for optimal health.
- How to eat your Fruits
1. First eat whatever is in season till you are satisfied. Wait ten minutes and treat yourself to 7-10 medium sized dates, wait 10 minutes and eat a stalk of celery or a leaf or 2 of plain lettuce.
2. Try to stay calm and immobile as much as possible after eating sitting upright for 10-15 minutes. (Although laughter does aid with digestion, of course when undertaken in moderation)
3. Do not eat acid fruits except for tomatoes after 2 pm on any occasion, not even their juices. They are best assimilated in the earlier part of the day. 4. Wash all fruits thoroughly (plain dishwashing liquid may suffice) but be careful to not have them sitting in the soapy water so long as to absorb the suds, wash briskly and rinse right away. Then immerse or soak in drinking water to ensure that you don't consume tap water. Of course this is not necessary for bananas.
5. Do not store fruits in the fridge or where they are covered, let them breathe as much as possible.
6. Limit yourself to 5 oranges a day, if need be for that many and let your taste buds judge for you.
- How to eat your Vegetables
1. Rinse your leafy vegetables under cold running water and re rinse with drinking water.
2. Don't use soap to wash them because by nature they will absorb the suds which you might end up ingesting.
3. Store them in a clean plastic bag that you should pick up from the stores where you purchase them fresh. 4. Leave a little breathing space for the leaves by not sealing the bag shut.
5. Keep them in the fridge and pull out say 20-30 minutes before use.
6. For root vegetables all needed is the brief rinse and peeling before they are cooked in drinking water without salt.
7. Vegetables are best saved for night times, although they are powerful cleansers, they are not as proactive as fruit and thus would give you a much calmer sleep, not unless you have done a fast of a few to several days and are breaking it with fruit.
8. Try to consume leafy veggies within 5-7 days after purchasing them from the store.
In adhering to the suggestions listed above and with a wise combination of this dietetic lifestyle, proper exercise and mental attunements, you are well on your way to achieving bountiful health, improved fitness and longevity.
Many studies have proven that a diet full of fruits and vegetables can lower the risk of some cancers, heart disease and other chronic diseases and conditions.
Antioxidant vitamins can be found in many fruits and vegetables, such as vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin C. Not only that, but fruits are also a source of dietary fibre.
Many people may not know but not only do citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruits have a great source of vitamin C, they are also a good source for fibre.
The list goes on and on for the benefits of eating more fruits and vegetables. The bottom line is to just try and add fruits and vegetables to your diet if you haven’t already. And if you have, to keep eating them and eat as much of them as you can.
Use the Best-Kept and Best-Selling Collection of EFFECTIVE DIETS & FITNESS eBOOKS to Build a Healthy and Fit Body, Reduce Your Stress, and Bring Lost Opportunities Back to Life...
Copyright © Anne-Marie Ronsen
You have permission to publish this article electronically, in print, in your ebook or on your web site, free of charge, as long as the author bylines are included.
free download free ebooks free software free premium content manual website submission Drug Rehabilitation FORUM FREE Quality Content Life with AUTISM
Anne-Marie Ronsen is the author of many wealth and self development books. Download FREE e-books from http://www.e-bestsellers.com, http://www.plrbestsellers.com or http://www.universalpublishingltd.com ...You will learn about the best tips and recommendations to improve your health, weight and wealth. You'll also discover FREE Premium content at http://www.ibestof.com/ and Manual Submission Directory at: http://www.webdirectorybank.com
Related Articles -
Healthy Eating, popular diets, bodybuilding, nutrition, weightlifting, protein, vitamins, nutrients, muscles, fitness, gain weight, metabolism, tips,