The garage door is an important and well used moving component of a house. It is used to open and close the garage repeatedly throughout the average day, houses the family vehicles, yard tools and handles a majority of a home's storage needs. It is exposed to the elements and generally has a pretty rough and tumble existence. Let's face it; this piece of a house must be durable, sturdy, and downright tough. |
Garage doors come in a variety of materials such as steel, aluminum, wood, and vinyl. Aluminum is relatively inexpensive and fairly lightweight. Although it is metallic, it is thinner and therefore dents more easily.
A wood door is lovely and rich looking, but in order to keep it that way, there is regular maintenance that needs to take place. Annual repainting or re-staining is required in order to keep the wood from rotting or warping. A vinyl door is basically made of a hard plastic. It won't dent like a metal, but it certainly isn't as durable in terms of its brute strength.
Some benefits of a steel garage door include:
- Strength: steel is an exceedingly strong metal made from iron. The harder the metal, the less denting that there will be.
- Durability: this hardy material enables a long life for your door, at times calling for a lifetime warranty. It can handle the weather with ease.
- Low Cost: it is relatively inexpensive to purchase, especially in comparison to some of the fancier doors such as those made from wood.
- Low Maintenance: often arriving from the factory pre-painted and ready to hang. Will not warp or rot.
- Energy Savvy: this type may be insulated, providing the homeowner a way to reduce the use of high amounts of energy and the expensive bills that accompany the energy consumption. More than anything it is environmentally friendly.
- Attractive: a good looking product! They even come in wood grained surface patterns in order to provide the rich look of wood without the corresponding outlay of maintenance time.
The garage door is not only an important functional item that needs to be able to withstand quite a bit of wear and tear. It also plays an integral part in the visual scheme of a home's exterior. It is often at the front of a house and therefore highly noticeable. A high quality door made of an appealing and durable material is a smart investment in that most important asset of the family home.
For garage door, New Jersey based dealer offers a variety which are of low maintenance, durable and can be tailored to your home's needs and decor. To know more, visit http://www.aspengaragedoors.com
Related Articles -
garage door nj, garage doors in nj, nj garage doors, garage doors in new jersey,