When it comes to your garage, you want a great door. It has to look good as well as protect this room from the elements. Think about it. The garage typically takes up about a third of your home's exterior façade and it is often visible from the street. |
There are many different types to choose from - wood, aluminum, composite, fiberglass and steel. While each kind has its own pros and cons, here are the main benefits of investing in a steel garage door for your home.
* Energy-efficient - There are varying degrees of thickness and of course, the thicker the door, the better insulated. These can also have insulation either blown in, injected or layers installed in between steel garage door layers. This can help save you money on your electric bill and also keeps protects whatever you may be storing in the garage from extreme heat and cold.
The insulation also acts as a sound dampener as well - either from outside noises or so you don't bother your neighbors while you son practices with the band or your friends sing karaoke.
* Durable - Unlike aluminum, this material is more difficult to damage. Now, if you run into it hard enough, you can dent and mar the surface. But, the thicker the door, the less chance there is for incurring damage. If the kids slam into with their skate board, it will hurt them more than the door, unlike with other softer materials.
* Low maintenance - Typically, these come with a top-coat of primer and polyester as a defense against rust. So, really, the only maintenance you will have is to make sure the electronic opener (if you have one) is in working order and that the moving parts are all oiled and gliding smoothly.
* Guaranteed - Most come with a lifetime warranty on the craftsmanship of the piece.
* Aesthetic options - Just because it is a steel garage door doesn't mean it has to look cold and hard. You can find textured and faceted doors that give the home a more pleasing look and complements the exterior. If you are torn between wood and steel, you can get the look of wood and the durability of the other with a textured piece. Of course, you can also paint it or have decorative windows as a nice touch.
For more information on your options or steel garage doors, check with a licensed and reputable dealer for help choosing the right one and for proper installation. No matter what kind of material you choose to go with, make sure it has all the proper safety features and perform the basic annual maintenance. You will have a door that will last for years to come.
A steel door for your garage, New Jersey garage door experts say, not only gives it a modern, uber stylish look but is also less expensive and low on maintenance. Learn more about its benefits here, http://www.aspengaragedoors.com
Related Articles -
garage new jersey, garage door new jersey, garage doors morris county nj, garage doors northern nj,