A large portion of a home's facade is the garage door. Repairing it can be easy as long as you know what the problem is. Understanding how the door works and knowing how to troubleshoot potential problems can help you put everything in working order. Here are some of the more common problems that may arise and require garage door repairing techniques: |
1. Door won't open either with remote or hard-wired switch. This is any easy problem to troubleshoot. First start by replacing the batteries in the remotes. Make sure all the wires are intact and connected at the hard-wired button as well as the motor.
2. It won't close all the way and reverses up. As a safety measure, doors are equipped with sensors at ground level on either side of the door. They detect obstructions, such as a child or pet, and reverse the doors closing operation. Check for obstructions in the sensor beams and make sure they are aligned with each other. Lights on both sensors will be lit if they are in alignment.
3. There is a grinding, noisy, rattling sound. This could be a number of things. There may be dirt and debris gunking up the works. Clear away all debris from the tracks and moving parts. Also, check for rust on the springs and rollers. Yearly, you should oil the moving parts to keep them gliding along.
Check for any warping or dents in the tracks and for balance. To see if a door is in balance, unhook from the electric opener and raise the door manually about half way. If it falls down or up, it is out of balance. Finally, you may have to adjust the tension in the springs if it sounds like it is working too hard.
4. It won't open or close completely. If there are no obstructions in the doorway or among the working parts, you may need to adjust the open and close limits. Your troubleshooting manual can walk you through this process of setting these limits.
5. Debris and water are coming into the room. Inspect the bottom seal of the door for dry rot and tears. Add your own weather-stripping to the sides and install a threshold under the door. This threshold completes the seal and keeps out debris and rain.
If you still can't figure out the problem or you have exceeded your garage door repairing capabilities, find a reputable technician to come out and diagnose the problem. A malfunctioning door can be very dangerous and it can't be fixed with duct tape and wire.
To help find a repairman, contact a local dealer or installer for references or ask if they handle repair work as well. Keep your home, your family, pets and belongings safe with a properly working garage door.
In New Jersey, garage door repair is done by certified technicians and is done with so much professionalism that you can feel confident. For more, visit http://www.aspengaragedoors.com
Related Articles -
garage door repair nj, garage door repair new jersey, garage door repair morris county nj,