Hiring professional movers is the faster and easier way to plan your relocation. What could take you and your friends and family two weeks to accomplish, a professional mover can knock out in 48 hours. But don’t assume you can’t afford to foot the bill. This article will outline five ways to save what amounts to big money on a professionally assisted move. |
1. Get 3 Estimates It is always a good idea to gather at least three estimates for any service. But beware of curiously low bids and bear in mind that you often get what you pay for. Obtain detailed written estimates from professionals that actually view your home and contents in person.
2. Attic Items Empty your attic yourself. This simple task will reduce the time your movers are working on your clock. Since most relocations are set up to charge by the hour, the more time you save your workers, the lower your bottom line will be. Even if your move was charged by way of a flat rate, less manpower used for a shorter time period will still be reflected in a smaller bill.
3. Do Your Own Packing Packing your own items will likely cut your bill in half or more. But go online or ask your moving agent for tips on correct packing to avoid damage. There is a right and wrong way to pack certain items and it’s worth the few minutes it will take to learn the proper techniques.
4. Leave Chests and Dressers Full Some movers will allow you to keep the clothes, towels and linens in your storage furniture like chests of drawers, dressers and armoires. This reduces the number of boxes and packing supplies you will need.
5. Disconnect Your Own Appliances Professional movers do not disconnect clients’ appliances and electronics. Instead, they hire a third party provider to perform the service. This act alone will save you $200-$300 on your move. Possibly more if you have a larger number of appliances and electronics than the average three-bedroom home would have.
As always, be prepared on the day of your relocation. Any delays created by items not being ready to load will cost you in the end. By keeping in mind that time is money, and by following these tips, you will enjoy a seamless move into your new home at an affordable rate.
It's important to get the most for your money when hiring movers and avoid paying for unecessary time. For more information, visit http://www.twomenmovershouston.com
Related Articles -