Using an eyelash curler can be a tricky and time consuming way to add some flattering curl to your eyelashes. Not only that, but if not done carefully, you can inadvertently pull out or break your natural lashes. However, giving your lashes a perm is a great way to keep them curled without the daily ritual. |
Eyelash perming is best performed by a professional in a salon, to avoid damaging or infecting the sensitive eye. However, the results are worth it, since you will have lovely curled lashes that will last for three or four months.
If you've been thinking about having your lashes permed, here's some things you should know before you get it done.
• Before your appointment, remove all eye makeup, including eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner. You should also take out your contact lenses before having your lashes curled.
• Make sure you bring a good pair of dark sunglasses with you when you get your lashes permed, because exposure to the sun is not advised for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
• Try to keep your lashes dry for the first 24 to 48 hours as well. Much like perms you have in your hair, getting your lashes wet too soon can ruin the perm. • Swimming pools that contain chlorine will weaken the perm and reduce the life of your eyelash curls.
• While you're at the salon, you can also have a vegetable based tint added to your lashes to give you colour to go with your curl. That way, you can skip adding mascara to your lashes every day.
• Your lashes can be permed again when they start to lose their curl. It's not a good idea to have too many perms close together, so wait until a couple months have passed or your lashes are no longer curly, to have them redone.
Eyelash perming is a great way to achieve beautiful and fluttering lashes, without tedious and awkward daily curling. Just remember to find a good, quality salon and check references before you have it done.
Discover more gorgeous beauty tips and advice at our beauty website.
Related Articles -
beauty tips, beauty,