Ingrown hairs are a common problem for most people with curly hairs. This article will be showing you some of the common causes of ingrown hair in order to help you prevent it in the future. I will also be showing you some of the ways on how you can treat it once you have developed ingrown hairs. |
• Hasty shaving can cause ingrown hairs. You need to understand that shaving has a set of rules that should be followed, and failing to do these things can cause razor bumps.
• Dull blade is also a common cause of ingrown hair. Whenever you are shaving, always make sure that the blade you will be using is razor sharp.
• Another common cause of ingrown hair is by shaving hairs against the grain of hair growth. This causes skin irritation, which results of bumps.
• Never use excessive pressure while shaving. Aside from ingrown hair, excessive pressure can also cut through your skin, or can cause removal of a skin layer.
• Always remember that whenever you are shaving, every stroke removes skin cells, and too much of it can cause irritation and ingrown hair.
• Always remember to wash the area before shaving. Scrubbing will remove dead skin cells, and will also make your hair softer and easier to be shaved.
• Once you suffer from ingrown hair, do not do anything about it for the next 2-3 days. This will allow your skin to rest, and will decrease your chances of having it again.
• Never squeeze or pick the bumps because it can result to even bigger problems. Just leave it there and let your skin rest.
• An effective substance to get rid of ingrown hair is the infant diaper cream. All you have to do is to apply it gently over the infected area or where you feel ingrown hair might develop.
• You can also use skin care lotion to get rid of ingrown hair easily. It has been said that this is the most effective way to treat ingrown hair.
Look and feel fabulous with our beauty tips plus read many more beauty articles.
Related Articles -
beauty advice, beauty tips, beauty,