Amazines Free Article Archive - Wednesday, August 17, 2022
Read about the most recent changes and happenings at
Log into your account or register as a new author. Start submitting your articles right now!
Search our database for articles.
Subscribe to receive articles emailed straight to your email account. You may choose multiple categories.
View our newest articles submitted by our authors.
View our most top rated articles rated by our visitors.
* Please note that this is NOT the ARTICLE manager
Add a new EZINE, or manage your EZINE submission.
Add fresh, free web content to your site such as newest articles, web tools, and quotes with a single piece of code!
Home What's New? Submit/Manage Articles Latest Posts Top Rated Article Search
Subscriptions Manage Ezines
 Article Archive
 Advertising (133526)
 Advice (161581)
 Affiliate Programs (34788)
 Art and Culture (73842)
 Automotive (145681)
 Blogs (75446)
 Boating (9851)
 Books (17221)
 Buddhism (4129)
 Business (1330087)
 Business News (426438)
 Business Opportunities (366485)
 Camping (10971)
 Career (72777)
 Christianity (15845)
 Collecting (11639)
 Communication (115075)
 Computers (241922)
 Construction (38942)
 Consumer (49947)
 Cooking (17079)
 Copywriting (6732)
 Crafts (18205)
 Cuisine (7548)
 Current Affairs (20308)
 Dating (45902)
 EBooks (19700)
 E-Commerce (48247)
 Education (185377)
 Electronics (83517)
 Email (6439)
 Entertainment (159838)
 Environment (28923)
 Ezine (3040)
 Ezine Publishing (5452)
 Ezine Sites (1550)
 Family & Parenting (110929)
 Fashion & Cosmetics (196540)
 Female Entrepreneurs (11851)
 Feng Shui (132)
 Finance & Investment (310512)
 Fitness (106443)
 Food & Beverages (63012)
 Free Web Resources (7939)
 Gambling (30227)
 Gardening (25194)
 Government (10512)
 Health (629913)
 Hinduism (2206)
 Hobbies (44080)
 Home Business (91593)
 Home Improvement (251150)
 Home Repair (46217)
 Humor (4717)
 Import - Export (5456)
 Insurance (45104)
 Interior Design (29591)
 International Property (3488)
 Internet (191011)
 Internet Marketing (146666)
 Investment (22859)
 Islam (1161)
 Judaism (1352)
 Law (80455)
 Link Popularity (4596)
 Manufacturing (20902)
 Marketing (99276)
 MLM (14140)
 Motivation (18232)
 Music (26999)
 New to the Internet (9497)
 Non-Profit Organizations (4048)
 Online Shopping (129728)
 Organizing (7809)
 Party Ideas (11853)
 Pets (38072)
 Poetry (2229)
 Press Release (12687)
 Public Speaking (5640)
 Publishing (7561)
 Quotes (2407)
 Real Estate (126618)
 Recreation & Leisure (95461)
 Relationships (87650)
 Research (16180)
 Sales (80346)
 Science & Technology (110281)
 Search Engines (23497)
 Self Improvement (153287)
 Seniors (6217)
 Sexuality (35998)
 Small Business (49289)
 Software (83018)
 Spiritual (23482)
 Sports (116150)
 Tax (7661)
 Telecommuting (34073)
 Travel & Tourism (308186)
 UK Property Investment (3122)
 Video Games (13382)
 Web Traffic (11764)
 Website Design (56892)
 Website Promotion (36618)
 World News (1000+)
 Writing (35839)
Author Spotlight

Pushpa Srivastava is an SEO strategist that helps online business owners figure out how to grow thei...more

Web Design Services - Specializing in Joomla CMS ">Web Design Services - Specializing in Joomla CMS ...more

Working in this organization from last 10 years. I did my graduation from the University of Texas, U...more

The Word of God is as, “Sweet as Honey”. God has Taken Me Through a Whole Lot of Things...more

Myself Ram Sewak possessing indepth domain experience of more than 10 years in SEO, SEM, Web Develop...more

Gallbladder Health-What You Eat Affects Gallstones by Jim O'Connell

Gallbladder Health-What You Eat Affects Gallstones by
Article Posted: 05/08/2011
Article Views: 148
Articles Written: 527
Word Count: 675
Article Votes: 0
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Gallbladder Health-What You Eat Affects Gallstones

Advice,Health,Self Improvement
Many people don't even realize they've got a gallbladder. Unlike the liver, most people can live lacking their gallbladder, as its prime function is to store bile produced by the liver, and at the proper point in time release it into the intestines to aid in digestion of fats. But when problems arise, usually in the form of gallstones, it's most commonly dealt with by surgically removing the gall bladder. In excess of a half million people in the United States have gall bladder surgery every year, and it is estimated you have about a 60% likelihood of having no change in health after the surgery. That leaves 40% that will still have symptoms.

Point is, it's usually not prudent to get rid of body parts unless you absolutely have to. Many people have experienced uncontrolled fat gain after gall bladder surgery, and although the liver will still be there to produce bile after the storage area (gallbladder) is departed, the liver may become overwhelmed to provide sufficient bile once faced with large quantities of fats, especially saturated or hydrogenated fats. This will likely lead to huge troubles for some people. But if the gall bladder is to the point where it's developing gall stones that may be detrimental to general health, it may be the only real alternative.

Clearly, the best way to go is to prevent gall bladder surgery in the first place, and the most effective control we have over this is through proper food regimen. Excess body weight will dramatically raise your probabilities of gallstones, as does a diet that is high in fat and cholesterol and low in fiber, such as:

* Fresh vegetables and fruits

* Whole grains, like whole-wheat bread and brown rice

* Fish, poultry and very lean meat

* Walnuts, almonds, and other nuts

* Low-fat dairy products

Conversely, some foods you ought to avoid or severely limit in your diet are high-fat foods including:

* Fried foods

* Highly processed foods, such as white bread or doughnuts

* Whole milk dairy products

* Fatty red meat

When changing your diet drastically so that you can lose weight, be aware that quick weight reduction can exasperate the problems with gallstones. If there's little or no fat in your diet, the gallbladder, whose task it is to secrete bile to digest fat, will become inactive without having to secrete bile. This inactivity is when gallstones are more prone to develop. Then when you eat a meal high in dietary fat, the gallbladder goes to work doing its job, and you become very vulnerable to a gallbladder attack. Aim for a gradual weight decline of one to two pounds per week with some fat to keep bile moving through the gallbladder, and always accompany a good eating plan with regular exercise.

Gall bladder troubles, it is said, come from the diet that modern Western society has adopted, which is high in refined carbohydrates and saturated fats. Altering your eating routine won't get rid of gall stones that you already have, but getting into a diet that's balanced in a variety of nutrients while limiting all of the bad things may well help ease your symptoms and put off what so many people are going through. Despite the fact that gallbladder surgery has become common, like we used to say in athletics, surgical procedure is only simple when it is performed on someone else. Gall bladder surgery is something to avoid if at all feasible, and a better diet is something we are able to all control.

Changing your habits to maintain a proper diet requires knowledge on what and, we think more importantly, why you should be eating certain foods. Motivation for a eating a good diet starts with being educated on why certain foods work, and why others don't. Learn all about the health effects of margarine and other topics on our website Jim O'Connell is a writer and health enthusiast living in Chicago.

Related Articles - Gallbladder, Gall Bladder, Gall Stones, Gallstones, Gall Bladder Surgery,

Email this Article to a Friend!

Receive Articles like this one direct to your email box!
Subscribe for free today!

 Rate This Article  
Completely useless, should be removed from directory.
Minimal useful information.
Decent and informative.
Great article, very informative and helpful.
A 'Must Read'.


Do you Agree or Disagree? Have a Comment? POST IT!

 Reader Opinions 
Submit your comments and they will be posted here.
Make this comment or to the Author only:
*Your email will NOT be posted. This is for administrative purposes only.
Comments: *Your Comments WILL be posted to the AUTHOR ONLY if you select PRIVATE and to this PUBLIC PAGE if you select PUBLIC, so write accordingly.
Please enter the code in the image:

 Author Login 
Register for Author Account


Advertiser Login


   Limited Time $60 Offer!
   90  Days-1.5 Million Views  


Great Paranormal Romance


Author of four books and two screenplays; frequent magazine contributor. I have four other books "in...more

At LeadGenerators, we specialise in content-led Online Marketing Strategies for our clients in the t...more

Steve Bye is currently a fiction writer, who published his first novel, ‘Looking Forward Through the...more

A postgraduate in Fashion Technology. Shalini is a writer at heart! Writing for her is an expression...more

I am the editor of QUAY Magazine, a B2B publication based in the South West of the UK. I am also the...more

I have been involved in nutrition and weight management for over 12 years and I like to share my kn...more

Stevert Mckenzie, Travel Enthusiast. ...more

After 60-plus years of living I am just trying to pass down some of the information that I have lear...more

William Buchanan has worked in the fields of marketing, advertising, and marketing research for almo...more

Susan Friesen, founder of the award-winning web development and digital marketing firm eVision Media...more

HomeLinksAbout UsContact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyFAQResources
Copyright © 2022, All rights reserved.
Some pages may contain portions of text relating to certain topics obtained from under the GNU FDL license