Money and spirituality are commonly viewed as incompatible. However, since financial resources are necessary to survive and money by itself takes nothing away from your spirituality, it’s reasonable and wise to simultaneously strive for a healthy spiritual foundation and relationship with money. |
Along your spiritual path in life, you may wonder about the karmic implications of assorted financial situations.
Of course, it's no surprise that negative karma is gained through bullying, manipulating, making false promises, or otherwise abusing your financial power. But there are other situations related to money that are commonly misinterpreted as "not spiritual," perhaps partially stemming from subconscious past life memories, for example, of vows of poverty.
The conclusions we have drawn from over 25 years of empirical research involving karma and predestination show that no negative karma is picked up from the following seven financial related circumstances.
1. Having more money than God. As long as you earn or otherwise acquire your money through honest means, it's acceptable, no matter if you're a millionaire, billionaire, trillionaire, or gazillionaire.
While it's true that there are individuals in this world who have gained their money dishonestly, it's wise to avoid grouping everyone of means in that nefarious category. As the saying goes, you can't become (wealthy) what you resent.
By the way, even though those who inherit wealth are often vilified, we've found time and again that they've earned every penny through their past life actions. Gaining positive karma now through good deeds is how you positively direct your (future-life) destiny, despite your the core of your current life destiny (fate) being unchangeable.
2. Not giving your wealth to an official charity. Of course, you gain a lot of good karma if you give to those in need, but isn't everyone in need? Whether you choose to help others through your words, advice, or time rather than donations, or if you elect to give money directly to specific individuals, instead of to an official charity with a bloated budget—It's your money and no one's business but your own what you do with it.
3. Gambling. Considering you're not speculating on credit or avoiding your financial responsibilities, it's your money and you can do what you want with it. Addiction, which can involve anything, causes neglect and ruin. Gambling itself does not.
4. Spending a lot of money on alcohol or lavish, gourmet meals. While it's true abusing alcohol or food can make you pick up some nasty karma, in our view, having a few drinks or an expensive meal with friends once in a while won't break the karma bank. As long as you're not putting anyone at risk, you're fine.
5. Blowing all your disposable income on your music collection, art, jewelry, or other non-essential items instead of helping the disadvantaged. Although you'll always gain good karma by helping others financially, aside from legal or parental obligations, or verbal agreements, the financial needs of others are not your responsibility. However, keep in mind that if you feel guilty about refusing to help someone, that guilt could manifest as negative karma, even if it's only false guilt.
6. Refusing to give in to pressure and donate your hard-earned money to a political or other cause. Don't let anyone guilt you into donating. Turning down a request to donate your money won't incur negative karma.
7. No matter how much in need the person may seem to be, even if he or she gives you a nasty look when you fail to offer your spare change as you pass by, you won't pick up any negative karma by refusing to give to panhandlers. Their financial situation is not your obligation. Just because you earn more than someone doesn't mean you owe them. Assist the less fortunate when you are compelled to, not when pressured.
The honest acquisition of and use of financial abundance toward positive means won't make you incur any negative karma as long as you are not harming yourself or anyone else. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.
Copyright © Scott Petullo, Stephen Petullo
Free report: 13 Spiritual and New Age Myths and 11 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Psychic, plus Numerology Decoder Software and more.
Related Articles -
What makes you have bad karma, destiny, spirituality, predestination, reincarnation, predetermination, subjective morality, money and karma, negative,