EMR just means Electronic Medical Records. This is a new paperless way to keep patient data. Its purpose for becoming digitalized is to increase the efficiency of holding on to data and decreasing errors. The data is streamlined and is made for a fast growing industry because of its ability to keep up. |
How does it Work?
First an application is installed onto the computers. This application will be behind a very secure firewall. Making sure all information is kept safe and confidential. This patient information is available to you on your EMR. This service will always be available even if you don’t have the internet! All computer systems in your office will not need any special software installed to gain access. They will be able to access all current data and advances features. Advantages of web based EMR / EHR Software
1. Security is extremely strong and meets all requirements by the HIPPA. This can be more secure than a locked up filing cabinet.
2. Maintenance, not your problem! This will all be taken care of by an IT tech.
3. Investment low cost! No need to reinvest in fancy hard ware and data bases. This is not a high maintenance software.
4. Let’s talk about the money. So there is a monthly fee to use this operating system. This can be written off as an operating cost and is not a capital expenditure.
5. One of the best advantages is its ability to be accessed anywhere. The physical location does not need internet. But if you are anywhere in the world with internet you can access your EMR.
Related Articles -