Outsourcing has played a big role in helping companies reduce their costs and overheads while at the same time helping them achieve business targets easily through highly skilled professionals. Having said that, there are various types of outsourcing models that exist today suit, each catering to different business requirements. Freelancing is, of course, the most common and popular form of outsourcing but the recently introduced model of the 'virtual employee' is fast gaining currency with many organisations in the western world. The world first learnt of this revolutionary new concept when VirtualEmployee.com, one of the leading outsourcing service providers in India, started its unique business model which provided clients with their very own dedicated human resource. It made life simpler, enriched the outsourcing process and eliminated the uncertainty and stress that inevitably accompanied offshore freelancing. |
So, if you were a software company looking to outsource web development, then your best bet would be hiring a dedicated virtual web developer to save time, money and labour. This remote employee works exactly like a locally hired staff, except that they do so from a vendor's office some thousands of miles away. Luckily, today it is far easier to find a dedicated remote employee than it was earlier, thanks to established vendors who have taken outsourcing to a whole new level.
How can a dedicated remote web developer help you and your organization?
1. First and foremost, you are freed from the endless cycle of contracting and re-contracting with freelancers for the same work. Although appearing to be a cheap outsourcing alternative, freelancers can prove to be expensive in the long run. Imagine having to keep investing time, energy and resources in searching for the right freelancer, training them only to have them abandon your project mid-way. The cumulative expenses can mount sharply and may well put you off outsourcing for good.
2. A dedicated employee is your exclusive resource, who works only for you or your company and that too full-time on a permanent, long-term basis. Since a dedicated, remote web developer would be bound by a proper signed contract, the question of disappearing in the middle of a project does not arise.
3. Depending on the type of vendor you have chosen to partner with, managing, controlling and working online with your remote web developer should be a breeze. For example, the above-mentioned vendor has in place the most advanced communication technology like video conferencing, Skype webcam chats, instant messenger, telephones with the client's local number and so on. All this works to save time and labour for the client besides adding speed to the progress of their work.
4. A remote employee works from the well-equipped office of the service provider and with excellent infrastructure, superior hardware and the latest software. In addition, the vendor's HR and IT staff are always at hand to provide any support or back-up if needed. You end up saving substantially on all these extra overheads while enjoying the added advantages that comes with hiring a remote web developer at the same time.
5. With a reliable remote employee working for you, you are now free to concentrate on your important projects rather than wasting your time trying to keep track of the progress of your outsourcing partner. Of course, you would monitor their performance regularly but it is not the same thing as wondering whether they are working at all and trying to keep tabs as would have been the case with the average freelancer.
It really all boils down to making a smart decision about your outsourcing partner and truly enjoying the real benefits of outsourcing.
Related Articles -
Hire Website Developer, Hire web developer, Hire Web Developer India, Web Development, Website Development India, Web Development India, Remote Web Devel,