Viral marketing is an internet marketing tool which is made in such a way as to be capable of being passed on from on e person to another. It is called viral due to its ability to be passed on to a growing number of internet users through the email. Through viral marketing, an email message can reach thousands if not millions of people. |
The Internet is a vibrant community, and everyday, businessmen, entrepreneurs, and innovators are finding ways and means in order to maximize its potential. Others opt to create their own tools; others innovate on previous methods.
Viral marketing, if done properly, will not only convey a marketing message, it will let the message stick to people's minds. Creativeness comes into play when using viral marketing as a strategy. Everything starts with a bright idea and this idea is then put into operation with careful planning and execution.
Viral marketing is the way to go in these modern times of marketing. It is a very cost effective and efficient way of conveying a marketing message towards a target audience.
There are many ways of doing viral marketing, especially through the Internet. Literally, there are hundred different ways of spreading a marketing message through the web. There are a huge number of variations of the technique, but listed below are some of the more effective methods:
1. Give away products or services. This is the first and most basic principle of viral marketing. When a person hears the word "free," it elicits the interest in him and will avail of that free product or service, for sure. Having cheap or inexpensive products may also do the trick, but "free" will give much faster results.
2. Create an award. Awards catch attention. When someone or something is given an award, it creates fuzz in the target audience. Recipients of the award may then be asked to post the award on his or her website, including a link to the company's website. Besides, creating awards could only mean one thing -- optimum exposure in the Internet. The more exposed your website is, the more people will get to know that your business exist.
3. Providing an email account is one of the most logically appealing choice when it comes to viral techniques. By providing an email address, the company is in fact building a level of patronage from users, and creating the need for continuous access to the website.
4. Offering a free newsletter with bonuses is actually another effective viral technique. This not only gets the attention of people, but even makes people who would have otherwise been indifferent to the marketing strategy consider it because of the compensation in the form of the promise of the bonus.
5. Offering free e-cards is a service-based viral technique, wherein the website provides various designs and styles of e-cards that users can make use of when sending e-cards to their friends and loved ones. Within the service, users have the ability to modify and personalize the messages in the e-cards, send it to their intended recipients, and receive a copy of the e-card as well to confirm its content.
What is unique about offering free e-cards is that it is a viable service that is popular among Internet users.
6. Provide free forum. Forums are quite popular. People love to have conversations and forums are one of the main reasons why people visit a certain website. An advertisement at the top of the discussion board will definitely be an effective way to market the website.
This is effective because of the sheer longevity of the post in the discussion board or forum. Moreover, people of similar interests religiously visit these online avenues for discussion, assuring the regularity of traffic around this viral technique.
7. Distributing a free software
One of the best techniques in generating good traffic through viral marketing is by means of distributing free software. Everybody loves freebies!
By offering a free tryout form of your software to your potential customers, you can easily instigate the probability of having them avail of the full version.
Besides, allowing your potential customers to try your software would compel them to share the "good news" to others if ever they are satisfied with your product. Hence, you get to market your product without employing expensive means.
8. Free screensavers. Screensavers are one of the most popular tools in the Internet nowadays. Thos who wanted to customize the look of their PC's would love to use different styles of screensavers.
Therefore, by simply giving away free screensavers, you can automatically generate traffic to your site without the hassle of marketing your website the hard way. Once an individual is satisfied with your screensaver, he will most likely share it with his friends, and the rest as they say is history. The good thing about it is that you get to reach hundred of people with just one click. Just keep in mind to place your business' name and the web address in the screensaver that you will make.
9. Write articles and distribute them for reprint
With all the other viral techniques, this is probably the most common and at the same time, the most neglected technique.
It has been accepted that articles are one of the most viable means of generating sales and traffic in the Internet. The only problem with some Internet marketers is that they fail to do the process correctly. What they do not realize is that making an article is useless if the resource box is not present.
If you wish to make your site known and you would like others to reprint your articles, it is extremely important to always include your resource box. Otherwise, people who will read the articles will tend to miss the fact that you are an expert on the field and that you could offer more information by merely visiting your website.
10. Start your own affiliate program (one of the best method to generating traffic and sales!) Affiliate programs give incentives to webmasters to put up your banners into their websites. This is one of the most popular viral marketing techniques today.
No matter what viral technique you have chosen for your email marketing, you have to make sure that you generate enough interest to increase traffic to your website.
Everybody on the web is searching for information so to solve their problem. Provide that answer or solution in the form of a free article, ezine or newsletter and your "to be" clients will willingly supply you with their "email address" as an exchange.
Get This Massive Collection Of 'How To' SEO Training Videos That Show The Easy Ways To Increase Your Online Profits, now: http://www.e-bestsellers.com/page14.html
Discover how to watch and learn while you sell & earn with this Massive Collection of Internet Business Training Videos: http://www.e-bestsellers.com/page12.html
Copyright © Anne-Marie Ronsen
You have permission to publish this article electronically, in print, in your ebook or on your web site, free of charge, as long as the author bylines are included.
free download free ebooks free software free premium content manual website submission Drug Rehabilitation FORUM
Anne-Marie Ronsen is the author of many wealth and self development books. Download FREE e-books from http://www.e-bestsellers.com, http://www.plrbestsellers.com or http://www.universalpublishingltd.com ...You will learn about the best tips and recommendations to improve your health, weight and wealth. You'll also discover FREE Premium content at http://www.ibestof.com/ and Manual Submission Directory at: http://www.webdirectorybank.com
Related Articles -
viral marketing, affiliate marketer, marketing, internet marketing, affiliate marketing,