Whenever it comes to finding the least expensive ways to travel, there are ways to cut costs as it pertains to motel lodgings. It may shock some individuals to know that even when you search for things to do in Orlando, there are always deals to find. The following are some ways that the budget-conscious tourist can cut corners: |
1. Investigate member groups should you meet the requirements that you may get reduced rates at some hotels through. Also, particular professions, for instance armed forces personnel or teachers, and if you work for some nonprofit institution, will give a concession. One chain, for instance, provides a minimum 10% reduction for anyone 55 or older.
2. The time you go can make a big difference in what you will shell out. Off-season in the Caribbean is the summer season, while off-season in the northern states or Europe would be the winter. When you go against pattern, there are savings to be discovered.
3. Using the internet will save you money on motel and hotel rooms, but you have to be familiar with where to look. Priceline offers some excellent deals, but be aware they often come with caveats, such as non-refundable or non-transferable bookings. 4. By thinking outside the box, travelers can save a great deal of money. Independent inns or small bed and breakfast lodgings may often be a good value when a breakfast is included. Search for those independent lodgings in guidebooks and local Chambers of Commerce at your desired spot. Vacation rentals can provide significant cost savings, and can be discovered at internet sites such as HomeAway.
5. There are occasions when it is appropriate to diplomatically negotiate a room rate. If it is framed properly, for example "your rate is a little over what I am budgeted to pay. Would it be possible to drop the rate by 15%?" The worst which will occur is they say "no". You might observe the parking lot, and when it's late and the lot is half full, it may provide you with some additional leverage. But leave your bags in the car. You will not want to appear too eager to stay there.
6. Look beyond the large hotels, unless you can already get good rates through one of the chains. Independently owned small hotels and hostels often can be found if you want to take some time to explore.
7. There are numerous discount coupon and voucher companies both in print and online which will save you money on not only hotel accommodations, but just about all aspects of travel. Yahoo has a coupons section which provides links to local and online coupon distributors.
8. If your travel plans are adaptable, it is possible to frequently reap the benefits of last-minute specials.
When combined with senior citizen discounts, individuals of this age group may find added discount rates which may frequently be utilized in conjunction with some of the rate reductions mentioned above. It does take some searching on the internet or in newspapers to find them, but they're there and they're going to save you a lot of money.
Whenever you travel, whether it's finding opportunities for fun in Orlando or anywhere you go, saving money on hotels will be a great help to curtailing expenses. Another way to save for seniors is through discounts for seniors. Check our website for additional ways to save. Jim O'Connell is a travel advocate and writer living in Chicago.
Related Articles -
save on hotels, inexpensive hotels, hotel tips, save money,