A condition in which the skin of the person becomes dry, thin and sensitive is known as dry skin. There are certain factors which can cause dry skin such as insufficient sebum production, genetic condition, weather changes, wind, chemicals, harsh cosmetics, exposure to the sun, certain medications, poor diet, frequent bathing with harsh soaps and under activity of thyroid gland. Some of the common symptoms of dry skin are dryness, wrinkles, thin skin and appearance of fine lines in early life. |
There are several home remedies for skin which are simple to use and are quite safe to try at home without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular home remedies for dry skin care which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be very effective in many cases are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies for skin care is to drink plenty of water. It will keep your skin hydrated and will prevent dry skin from happening. Daily drink eight to ten glasses of water for better results.
2. Honey is considered to be one of the most efficient home remedies for dry skin care. It will soothe the dry skin and will provide sufficient moisture to it. Mix one teaspoon of honey with half teaspoon of rose water. Apply this mixture on your face and wait for fifteen to twenty minutes. Later wash with normal water.
3. Avoid use of harsh soaps and try to replace them with mild soaps.
4. Smoking is very harmful for the skin. Nicotine is known to cause constriction of the blood vessels which prevents the skin from getting enough oxygen. This results in your skin becoming leathery and dry.
5. Omega-3 fatty acids are very helpful in providing nourishment to the skin and properly hydrating it. You should consume oily fish like salmon or tuna on regular basis.
6. Make it a daily habit to sleep at least eight hours a day. Sleep deprivation can affect your skin and make it look dull and dry.
7. Mix papaya and banana in equal quantities and make them into a paste. Now apply this paste on your skin and wait for twenty minutes. Later rinse with warm water. Apply natural vegetable oil on your face or moisturizer.
8. Sunrays can be very harmful for your skin as it can cause dryness, wrinkles, rashes and blisters. You should use sunscreens to protect your skin from sunrays.
9. Avoid sitting in air conditioned room as it will make your skin dry. You can try using a humidifier to humidify the air.
10. Take half avocado and mash it properly. Now add few drops of fresh lemon juice in it and mix well. Apply this mixture on the affected area and wait for twenty minutes. Use soft tissue paper to dab off the excess. This natural remedy will provide nourishment to your skin and will make your skin appear smooth.
The above mentioned home remedies for dry skin care are some of the most effective natural remedies which are simple to use, cost-effective and safe.
Read about Home Remedies for Dry Skin. Also know Home Remedies for Dry, Cracked, Chapped Lips. Read about Home Remedies for Dark Skin.
Related Articles -
dry skin remedies, home remedies for dry skin, dry skin home remedies, home remedy for dry skin,