If you have been injured due to medical negligence, Medical Negligence Claim will help you recover the damages you incurred due to the negligence of health care professionals. Read on and find valuable information.
Who is liable for Medical Negligence?
Doctors are not the only ones liable for medical negligence. Other health care professionals like nurses, dentists, physiotherapists, opticians, midwives and ambulance crews are liable for medical negligence if they failed to act according to the standard of care.
What is Medical Negligence Claim?
Medical Negligence Claim covers compensation for the negligence made by medical professionals. In order to bring a claim you need to prove that your doctor or any medical practitioner failed to give you the right treatment. That treatment is below the standard of care. You also need to prove that you have suffered physical or psychological injury brought about by that negligence.
What are the types of Medical Negligence Claims in the UK?
Types of Medical Negligence Claim:
1. Hospital Negligence Claim - Serious injuries due to hospital acquired infection - Mistakes in handling surgical instruments
2. Birth Injury Claim - Injury to the baby or mother during birth - Infant death - Umbilical cord problems - Infant death
3. Brain Injury Claim - Problems with intensive care treatment - Misdiagnosis of intracerebral bleeding
4. Misdiagnosis of Cancer - Failure in diagnosing a cancer - Failure in endorsing the patient to a specialist - Failure in arranging for a biopsy when immediate treatment is needed
5. Accident and Emergency Negligence Claim - Failure to diagnose causes of abdominal pain - Failure to diagnose head injury
6. Ears, Nose and Throat Surgery Claim - Delay in diagnosis of ears, nose and throat tumors - Damage to the facial nerve during surgery
7. Neurosurgery Negligence Claim - Trauma of the head and spinal cord - Treatment for neurological conditions, like epilepsy and stroke
8. Cosmetic Surgery - Medical errors in surgical procedure like facelift, liposuction, lip enhancement and rhinoplasty - Injury to nerves or surrounding tissues
9. Ophthalmology Negligence Claim - Inappropriate cataract surgery - Treatment of glaucoma - Treatment of retina problems
10. Orthopaedics - Failure to diagnose, manage and treat a fracture - Poorly managed knee operation
What are the requirements needed in investigating the claim? Evidence needed for the medical negligence claim includes: - Medical records - Patient’s statement - Additional supporting documents
How to process the claim? Find expert medical negligence solicitors to assist you in bringing a claim. Their expertise will help you to compensate for your injury.
Related Articles -
Medical Negligence Claim, Medical Negligence Solicitors, Medical Negligence Lawyer, Medical Claim,