It is not possible to think of life without computers these days. Computers are used for work, play as well as socialization. We spend most of our days working on computes. Though it is not possible to imagine life without computers, there are many health problems posed by computer radiation these days that you need to consider seriously. |
Computer radiations are called nonionizing radiation or electromagnetic fields (EMF). These are low frequency radiation, unlike the ionizing radiation that is said to cause cancer. According to the health scientific communities, low levels of EMFs are believed to have the least harmful effect on health.
However, though it is deemed harmless we are exposed to the EMF radiation via Wi-Fi devices, computers, power lines, cell towers, cell phones etc. So, even if you are not in front of the computer all day long, you are exposed to the harmful rays.
Exposure to computer radiation increases health hazards such as cancer. According to the reports published in “The British Journal of Radiology” children who are exposed to radiation show vulnerability to low levels of nonionizing radiation sources. Fetuses as well as children can develop irreparable damages when exposed to radiations for a long time. Even the low levels of radiation can have harmful effects on the body.
There are several measures that you can take to reduce your exposure to computer radiations. It is very important that you cut down on the screen time and sit at a distance from your computer. These are the simplest measures you can take to reduce exposure to the harmful radiations.
• Flat screen monitors can be relatively less harmful, as these do not have cathode rays (CRTs) that emit the ioninzing rays. If it is not possible to ask for the switch, you can ask about the magnetic fields covering the screens.
• You can turn off the computer when not in use. This is particularly important when you are pregnant.
• Finally it is important that you stay informed. There are plenty of scientific investigations that are still going on about the probable ill effects of computer radiation. Once you are aware of the health hazards, it will be easier for you to take the necessary precautionary measures that will be best for your health and as well as your wellbeing.
• Also intake of foods rich in Vitamin A and C can reduce the impact of computer radiation on your health. The foods that you can take are cherries, carrots, tomatoes and apples.
• Keeping the computer in a well ventilated area can also reduce the emission of carcinogenic substances that harms your health.
• It is believed that the old model computers emit more radiation than the new models. So, if possible switch to the new models.
You can browse online for more information on computer radiation. You can also gather knowledge about the computer radiation shields that can protect you from the harmful rays.
Concerned about the negative effects of computer radiation? Get in touch with us for a lightweight, thin, portable rectangular pad to protect yourself from laptop radiation and heat. To know more about effects of computer radiation, you may also visit About.com.
Related Articles -