What is employment discrimination? |
When an employer distinguishes among his employees ongrounds of race, age sex, caste, nationality or religion basis it is termed as employment discrimination.Some of the forms of discrimination include depriving the employees from promotions, trainings, performance appraisals and incentives. Any employer found guilty of such an offence in punishable under various federal and state laws of Arizona employment discrimination. Many a times employees face different kind of discrimination issues at the workplace which result in decreased productivity, low morale and hostile atmosphere.
Which laws prohibit employment discrimination?
Some of the major laws to deal with discrimination are as follows:
• The Civil Rights Act Of 1964 (Title VII) - governs how employers can treat employees in terms of hiring and firing.
• Civil service reform Act- demands labour organisations to keep their employees informed of their rights.
• Equal pay Act- states that no employer can deprive his employees of the amount of wages they deserve on any grounds such as race, sex or religion.
• Age discrimination in employment Act- forbids employers from making any discrimination against anyone at least 40 years of age.
• Americans with disabilities Act- says that any qualified individual with a disability that is not hindering life activity cannot be discriminated with other employees at the workplace.
• Genetic information non-discrimination Act- says that an insurer cannot deny health benefits or health insurance to a healthy person on genetic grounds assuming that he might develop a genetic disease in future. It would be unethical and illegal by law.
How should one deal with it legally?
Any individual who has faced discrimination at the workplace should first try to talk to his employer and resolve the matter. If the employer is not able to take remedy action then the employee must approach Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). One can file a case against the employer himself but it is always better to appoint an attorney for the same. Hiring Phoenix Employment Discrimination Attorney makes your work easy. If you are satisfied with the judgement of the EEOC then you can further claim your losses or else you have the right to go ahead and raise an appeal in the court. However, there are fixed timelines within which one has to file the charges and complete the paperwork.
An experienced and reliable attorney will study your case and will advise you on how you can fight for your compensation. There are various forms of discrimination and depending on what kind of inequality one has faced the lawyer presents the lawsuit before the court. Phoenix Employment Discrimination Attorneys specialize in such type of cases.
Phoenix Wrongful Termination Attorney - Find best lawyers for all employment related matters as Phoenix Employment Attorneys, Phoenix Wrongful Termination Lawyer, Phoenix Employment Law Lawyers, Scottsdale Employment Lawyers and Phoenix Harassment Attorney.
Related Articles -
Phoenix EEOC Lawyer, Phoenix Wage and Overtime Attorney, Phoenix Workplace Discrimination Lawyer, Phoenix Wage and Overtime Lawyer,