Interviews are always very challenging be it the first time or not. There is only one way to reduce this tension and that is “to be prepared”. Give time to review the important and frequent questions. Not only for the standard questions but also review their answers. Give some time researching company profile, its management, establishment which definitely adds to your knowledge and confidence as well. Be prepared to tell your previous experience in terms of your designation and company name. Review your resume well and discuss thoroughly about your previous company without fumbling. There are some important guidelines for how to answer job interview questions; they will definitely lead to a successful interview: |
* Tell me something about yourself? This is a typical opening question in an interview, be careful and specific. Try to complete the introduction in a short period as possible; you will have to cover four important topics: early years, education, work history and recent career experience. Don’t waste you important points here.
* What do you know about our organization? This is one of the important questions which will show your awareness. You should be ready to discuss the products, services; revenues, reputation, image, goal, management style etc. Never portray as though you know everything and don’t overwhelm the interviewer. Take opportunity to show him that you are a keen learner and you want to search more.
* Why do you want to work with our company? Such questions play a very important role in your selection but only if, you are prepared and you know how to answer job interview questions. The answer will be totally dependant upon your research, the sector in which the company is growing, whether it is research and development, finance, strong management, so you should give answer oriented to company requirement.
* What can you do for us that someone else can not? Talk about your previous achievements, previous records of successful completion of things in time. Discuss about your skills, interest that you mentioned in resume and make yourself valuable in front of interviewer.
* What interests you in this position? Here you will have to give two or three attractive aspects of the post mentioned, along with one or two minor negative points.
* Why should we hire you? Give the answer regarding your ability, experience and energy, your keen learning skill etc.
* What are your expectations from this job? Your answer for this question should be oriented to company opportunities and not personal security.
* How long would you like to stay with us? Give a positive response that you want to work with this organization and achieve an indestructible position and want to continue so as to feel challenged to remain in any organization.
* What are your long range goals? Again this answer should be company oriented, tell your goals such as they are relevant to the company progress as well.
* How successful you have been so for? Say confidently that you are happy with the way your career has progressed so far, you did quiet well and you don’t have any objection about your past.
Muna wa Wanjiru Has Been Researching and Reporting on Job Interview for Years. For More Information on How To Answer Job Interview Questions, Visit His Site at HOW TO ANSWER JOB INTERVIEW QUESTIONS I Will Also Highly Appreciate Your Views On How To Answer Job Interview Questions At My Blog here How To Answer Job Interview Questions
Related Articles -
How, To, Answer, Job, Interview, Questions,