Many ink dissolvers/solvents are available in the market today. Keep one handy at home. You never know when it might be required. Make sure to follow instructions on the label. Most of the ink stain removers in the market are concentrated and strong. So, always try out a little on some hidden area of the garment to test for any adverse effects. |
Fortunately ink stains can be removed from your clothes/carpet if proper care is taken right from the time the ink is spilled. Always remember that whatever the type of ink, it is always easier to remove ink that is still wet. Ink that has dried up makes it all the more difficult to remove. Most of the time when you realize that ink has spilled on your clothing, you will not be at a place where you have access to most of the ingredients that will help remove the stain. Do not panic at such times. Just make sure that the stain is not allowed to dry up. Keep the affected area moist using water. This will help in easing the process of stain removal. If the stain is allowed to dry up, it can be removed later, but with a great amount of difficulty.
Commercial Ink Stain Removers
Many ink dissolvers/solvents are available in the market today. Keep one handy at home. You never know when it might be required. Make sure to follow instructions on the label. Most of the ink stain removers in the market are concentrated and strong. So, always try out a little on some hidden area of the garment to test for any adverse effects.
The first thing that you need to keep in mind when dealing with ink stains is to avoid any kind of rubbing or scrubbing the ink stain area on the carpet. Pushing down, rubbing and scrubbing can additionally damage the carpet by penetrating the ink deeper into the fibres. Find below a method that will help you to get rid of the ugly black stain on your carpet.
1. As a rule most of the hard stains get out of the carpets when you react quickly and start cleaning the area as soon as the accident happens. The quicker you deal with the stain the more likely it is to be successfully removed.
2. Always test the cleaning solution on a small hidden spot of the carpet to make sure the product does not cause discolouration or damage on the fibres of the carpet.
3. Use a clean cotton cloth and wet the corner of the cloth with alcohol.
4. Touch the stain with the wet alcohol cloth and gently clip the ink spot. Wet the cloth with alcohol sever times and dab again carpet area.
5. Repeat the method until the stain is completely gone. Blot the area using clean water to rinse the cleaning solution.
6. Use a dry cloth to absorb the remaining liquids. Place a clean towel on the top of the stain to absorb as much of the moisture as possible.
7. Allow the area to completely dry and try not to walk through the carpet while the stain is still wet.
8. Once the carpet is dry you can notice whether the ink stain is completely removed.
9. When you have cleaned the ink stain from the carpet, vacuum the carpet to restore the fibres to the original texture.
If the above method does not work or you could not remove the stain properly do not hesitate to seek professional assistance. Professional carpet cleaning services will be able to entirely remove the ink stain from the carpet and return the comfort and beauty of your home.
Go to main page Carpet Cleaning Auckland for fast reliable assistance and useful information
Related Articles -
Carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning Auckland, carpet cleaning northshore, carpet cleaning west auckland, carpet cleaning south Auckland, carpet cleanings,