Certain allergies or cold can cause formation of thick mucus known as phlegm in our throat. There are certain factors which can cause phlegm such as allergies, hemoptysis, hay fever, bronchiectasis, rhinitis, sinusitis, nasal polyp, nicotine, postnasal drip, chronic bronchitis, cystic fibrosis and vasomotor rhinitis. Some of the common symptoms of phlegm are throat discomfort, bad cough, stuffy nose and yellow mucus. |
Phlegm Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for phlegm which are simple to use and are quite safe to try at home without any risk of side effect. Some of the popular home remedies for phlegm which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most efficient home remedies for phlegm is to use lemon. All you have to do is take a lemon and cut it into two halves. Now sprinkle black pepper and salt on lemon half. Sucking this lemon on daily basis will prove to be quite effective in treating phlegm.
2. Try to avoid consumption of soft drinks, sweets, cold drinks, eggs, chicken, pork, fried foods, bananas, plums, watermelon, grapes, oily foods, dairy products, peanuts and wheat products.
3. Consume lots of water every day to dilute mucus. This will help in draining out the mucus with bacteria and dust. This is one of the simplest home remedies for phlegm.
4. Take a teaspoon of raw honey and then sprinkle a pinch of white pepper to it. You can consume this mixture two times every day for the next five days. This will help in drying the phlegm and will eliminate cough.
5. Take some water and boil it. Now add couple of eucalyptus oil drops in this water. Pour this mixture in a bowl and inhale its steam. This will break the mucus and will give you relief from phlegm.
6. Garlic is also equally effective in treating phlegm. Just take few cloves of raw garlic and crush them. Every morning you can try consuming these crushed garlic cloves with warm water. This will help you to get rid of thick mucus and will give you relief.
7. You can also use grape juice to treat phlegm. Mix two tablespoons of grape juice and two tablespoons of honey together. Consume this mixture three times in a day for next five days to gain better results.
8. Take some honey and then add licorice with pepper in it. Consume this mixture two times every day for next five days. This is quite a potent mixture and will sure give you relief from the symptoms of phlegm.
9. Take some almonds and soak them in water for whole night. Next morning peel these almonds and grind them together to form a fine paste. You can consume this paste every day to be rid of phlegm.
10. You can try consuming spicy chicken soup to treat this ailment. The heat and spice will make the phlegm thin and will cause its drainage.
The above mentioned home remedies for phlegm are some of the best natural remedies which are simple to use, cost-effective and are quite convenient to try.
Read about Cough Home Remedies. Also know Home Remedies for Piles. Read more about Home Remedies for Rectal Itching.
Related Articles -
home remedies for phlegm, phlegm home remedies, phlegm remedies, remedies for phlegm,