When it's ant season (often in the spring), these sneaky critters can march into your home and never leave. Use common household items like tape, vinegar, lemons, chalk, water, and more, you can protect your kitchen, doors, windows, patio and anywhere else ants like to crawl. Some of these measures are deterrents. That is, they deter the ants from coming in your house. |
It is a good idea to find a natural non-toxic pesticide to rid your home and yard of ants.There are different types of ants, so different natural pesticides may be more effective depending on the ants with which you are dealing. It is also important to keep in mind that ant colonies are highly adaptive. That is why you often attempt to destroy an ant colony in one spot only to have it built up another hill nearby. Killing ants with natural pesticides may take some persistence.
The safest way to ant control population around your home is to find an effective natural pesticide that will kill ants.
The most common way to deal with an ant problem is to buy one of those small ant traps that contain both a lure and a pesticide that the ants will carry back to the nest, killing the rest of the colony. Natural Ant Control
- Baby powder, dusted on both the ants when you see them, and at their entry point into your house.
- Spray white vinegar mixed with water to get rid of the ants' scent trails - if they can't smell their scent trails, they'll stop coming around.
- Even more ant-fighting power: vinegar and water, with about ten drops of tea tree oil mixed in. This is an excellent cleaner, disinfectant, and deodorizer.
- Place bay leaves or cloves at their point of entry. Ants hate the scent of these, and will avoid them.
- You can also try sprinkling cayenne pepper at their point of entry.
- You can make your own Borax ant traps to help get rid of your ant problem for good.
- Vodka. A 3-to-1 ratio of vodka to water, poured into a spray bottle spray this all over the kitchen. While it did kill the ants, the kitchen also smelled of vodka, giving guests the wrong impression.
- Dish liquid and water mix. This is, hands-down, the most effective way to get rid of ants. Use about two tablespoons' worth diluted in a pint of water. Transfer the solution into a spray bottle. Spritz near windows, doors and cracks, but don't wipe it away. This apparently destroys the scent trail that alerts more ants to come on down. Then, spray any roaming ants with this solution to, well, kill them (and okay, then wipe the ants away). It works surprisingly fast.
Ants can be a real annoyance (besides just being kind of gross -- who wants to see ants crawling around on the kitchen counter?) but these pest control tips should help you get control of the problem without resorting to harmful chemicals.
Go to main page Ant Control Auckland for best assistance on the job
Related Articles -
Ant control, ant controls, ant controller, ant controllers, ant control Auckland, ant control west Auckland, ant control south Auckland, ant controls,