Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is important that you do not skip this meal. Your body is taking a break while sleeping and the mornings create a huge need to be filled with food. The name breakfast denotes breaking the fast which you had for more than 5 to 6 hours. So it is important to fill the gap created and eat nourishing food which helps you to stay alert and energized during rest of the day. Most of the people skip breakfast in the hurry to get to work, but you are damaging your body by doing so. Eggs are must-haves during breakfast. They are a rich source of protein, iron and various other minerals which are important for the healthy functioning of the body. So even if you are running in a hurry, please ensure that you have at least an egg for breakfast. Be it as an omelette, scrambled or boiled, eggs are the right way to start your day. Here is an easy and delicious omelette recipe which you can whip up in a few minutes. And here is one of the best ways to enjoy your breakfast – with this easy-to-make, delicious cheese omelette. |
Ingredients for the cheese omelette:
Cheese (grated) • 1/3 cup
Parsley (lightly chopped) • 1/3 cup
Eggs • 3
Fresh mint (lightly chopped) • 1 tbsp
Salt and black pepper • to taste
Milk • 1/4 cup
Scallions (lightly chopped) • 1/4 cup
Butter • 3 tbsp
Directions for making the cheese omelette:
• Beat the three eggs in a mixing bowl with the salt and pepper until the mix becomes fluffy and starts bubbling.
• Beat in the milk, the chopped mint and parsley leaves, the scallions, and the grated cheese into the egg mixture. Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat till it bubbles.
• Pour in the egg mixture and spread it out evenly to form a thick layer.
• Reduce the heat and cover it fully and cook until the edges of the omelette begin to get set.
• Uncover the lid and run a spatula around the edges to keep the omelette from sticking to the skillet.
• When the centre of the omelette becomes firm, place a plate over the skillet and invert it, dropping the omelette gently onto the plate. If you can flip it without doing this, it is fine, but make sure not to break it.
• Gently slide it back into the pan, cover and cook it for some more minutes. You can take as long as the underside is lightly browned without getting burned.
• Slide the omelette (also called omelet in Denmark) out onto a serving plate, cut into wedges or fold it into two. You can garnish with chopped parsley and mint leaves and serve hot. You can have the omelette as such or even with bread, toasts or any breakfast accompaniment.
It is easy to make, delicious, and nutritious and keeps you full for a long time.
Related Articles -
food, cooking recipes, omelette recipe, cheese omelette recipe,