Each and every summer most of the people have quite a few everyday jobs or projects that to accomplish around the house. Depending on the year and what exactly is high on the priority list, the chores can be anything from cleaning out the basement, landscaping the back yard, working on a house renovation project or finally getting around to cleaning out the car garage. |
Sorting out your garage can be daunting task, especially if you have a bigger garage and have let things stack up for a number of years. While its intended use is usually to park your car, people use their car garage for quite a few things, and one of the most common being for storage.
If you are planning on tackling your garage this summer as part of your summer time chores, the following should help you get organized and improve the appearance and functionality of your car garage:
1. Sort anything: There are 3 major groups for the item that you have in your car garage: garbage, belongings you don’t need to have but can sell off, and the stuff you still make use of and want to keep. Sort everything into these kinds of piles.
2. Get rid of the junk: As soon as everything is sorted, it’s time for you to throw away all the junk. Depending on just how much stuff you possess, you can leave it out on the curb on garage day, carry it to the dump on your own, or ask for a garbage bin.
3. Have a garage sale: For the stuff that you simply no longer require but still has some value, it is really a good idea to have a garage sale and attempt to sell these items to make a few extra bucks. You can also publish advertisements online to sell these things as well.
4. Donate the stuff that doesn’t sell: After you have sold your items, it’s time for you to do away with the stuff that didn’t sell. If the items are still good it is a smart idea to donate them to your local charity. Or, you can give them away to family members or friends.
5. Organize what is left: Now that you are left with the things you would like to keep, it is time to organise everything and put away all of the items properly. Make sure that you maximize storage space so you can make much more functional room in the car garage.
6. Rethink about how to use the area: With your garage finally clean and organized, it is now time to think about how you can use your new and improved space. You can utilize it to store household items, or you may even use it for its intended use, to park your car!
Cleaning out your garage will likely be a multi stage project that will take a few days to finish, especially when you adhere to the steps outlined above. Although it may take a little bit longer than you want it to, if you do it right, you will be able to create much more room than you probably thought when you started.
Let the hard work begin! For more information on garage maintenance, car maintenance, Auto Insurance Ontario and much more, check out Insurance Hunter.
Related Articles -
Garage Organization, Garage Cleaning, Garage Storage, Summer Chores,