It’s funny to meet Chinese women online; however, if you are seeking a serious relationship, there comes a time when you have to fly to China to meet the lady face to face. Chinese girls are quite different from the counterparts in western countries both life and behaviors, especially in dating and marriage. Therefore, you first-date moves play a important role. A carelessness may lead to failure. Below are some tips on how to successfully date a Chinese girl. |
1. Remember to behave like a gentleman. Chinese women, especially the older ones, are generally quite conservative. So try to avoid any physical contact like kissing and hugging on your first date, unless you're absolutely sure this will not scare or offend her. Intimate topics of a sexual nature are best avoided as well, because this can send the wrong message and make her think that you're just looking for a one night stand. Behave like a traditional Western gentleman. For instance, open the door of the car for her, or place the chair for her when she is going to take her seat. All these small details will leave a great impression on her.
2. Prepare a small gift for her. For example, bring something special from your country that symbolizes the area you live in. If you can't think of anything particular, a bunch of fresh flowers, or a box of chocolate with beautiful packaging are some other good choices. DON'T bring her anything of great value, like precious jewelry. This would put her in an uncomfortable situation, making her feel that she owes you something.
3. Avoid the traditional dating moves. The Western first-date approach usually involves dinner, movie, and a goodnight kiss, but this might be two much for a Chinese woman, because it comes with too much expectations, pressure and awkwardness. Try something a little cheaper and less conventional, something like just meeting for coffee, no big set up or preparations. The atmosphere is more relaxed and therefore more fun without the usual dating expectations.
Don't be Mr. Goody-goody. Be a bit naughty. Throw in a few mischievous and unexpected remarks in the middle of the conversation, but do not over do it. Tell a joke or two. A great sense of humor will get you very far with a Chinese girl. Don't try to impress her with long speech that you prepare beforehand. Listen more carefully about her current situation, hobbies and view of things. Then ask specific questions to let topics continue spontaneously.
5. Show interest in her family. Chinese are family bound, and most Chinese women want to find a husband who is responsible and family-bound. So get to know more about her family, and tell her about your family. It sure would boost the possibility of your success.
6. Honesty is the best policy. Honesty and sincerity is a quality that is highly valued by Chinese women. Make sure that everything you tell her on your first date is true, although you may be tempted to overstate your career prospect or financial situation in order to impress her. If she finds you lying even just for once, she would question the authenticity of everything you said to her before, and you risk losing her trust.
If you pay attention to these things, there will be a happy ending for your first date...and hopefully there will be a second date soon. Good luck!
Related Articles -
Meet Chinese women online, Chinese women, first date, online dating,