The best of bar equipment can find place in your bar. It is a necessity for any bartender and those who make cocktails behind the table. Bar equipment should be easily accessed and a few hours behind the bar can actually go a long way in helping you remember the trick and tips of serving the best drinks in style. |
There are many types of bar equipment and barware. Here are some of the most common:
1. The cocktail shaker and a measure are the first and foremost additions to the bar equipment in a bar. You should also go for a corkscrew that helps uncork the champagne and the wines. The cocktail shaker is also available as the Boston cocktail shaker. This consists of a glass that fits well into an aluminium container.
2. The bar glass is the next most important bar equipment that is used to strain drinks and separate the ice form the other ingredients. This is really not basic equipment but many mixologists and flair bartenders always go for this essential equipment.
3. The measure is an important piece in the puzzle. Most of the cocktails are made with the help of measures. These help you in understanding the amount of each drink that needs to be mixed at the time of preparation of a drink. The proportion of drinks can be easily measured with the help of this equipment. The shot glass also comes in handy in measurements. One can also go for the optics that is a bottle dispenser.
4. The corkscrew is one of the most important of bar equipment available in the market. The screw pull is an important technique that bartenders perform with this equipment. Some examples of a corkscrew are screw pull, waiter’s friend, hand held lever corkscrew and the counter moulded or wall mounted lever cork screws.
5. A lot of cocktails are prepared and served with ice and these are quite a hit among party goers. The ice crusher becomes a popular bar equipment that can find replacement in a hammer; and you can buy it at a popular store. You can bring in innovative ways of crushing the ice.
6. The pourers are the next best equipment used in a bar. There are quite a few of these that are available in the market. The built in measure has a little ball that measures 25 ml. Sometimes there are other variations in the pourer and can be used according to demand.
7. Bottle dispensers are next in line and can be found in many styles and types. These can be counter-mounted and free standing along with wall-mounted. Bottle dispensers are used to mix drinks and can be an essential in any bar.
8. Using a sharp cutting board and knives is imperative if you are a bartender. If you want to style your drinks with fruits and salads you may use these well for decorations.
9. Ice buckets are also much in demand in a bar. These store ice blocks and cubes and come in two general types. The metal version can be quite popular; however the insulated plastic version is also fast catching up with the bartenders. The plastic ones tend to hold the ice in place for longer times and not melt so soon.
10. The ice machine is the last equipment that must find place in your bar. It does take up a lot of space but you can actually not go for it if you are too budget-conscious.
With a leading provider like Stephensons, you will find equipment like cocktail shaker, champagne saucers, bar glass, cork screw and more.
Author of this article recommends Stephensons, which has been dealing with catering supplies in the UK for more than a century.
Related Articles -
Bar Equipment, Champagne Saucers,