Depending on where you reside, there are certain climate conditions that you must account for when selecting an automobile. Also, at the very least, you need to ensure that your vehicle is ready to cope with everything that Mother Nature throws at it. One common type of weather condition that motorists across Canada have to be well prepared for is heavy precipitation. There is no doubt that we witness our fair share of thunderstorms and heavy rain during the summer time .Being all set for this weather is an important part of becoming a safe and effective driver . |
Car Check-list for Heavy Rainfall
Whenever a major storm is in the forecast possibly the smartest thing that you ought to do is simply stay home. However, this is not always permissible. People have to go to work and sometimes you are stuck in the storm when you are on the road, so you need to drive through the heavy rain to get home.
The following is a check list of the things that you should consider to make sure that your car is ready to cope with rain storms.
• Fill up the gas tank – You never know what sort of road conditions and delays could possibly get in the way of you reaching your destination when heavy rain is falling. Fill up on gas to be safe.
• Check your wiper blades – Having a high quality set of wiper blades is during heavy rain storms. Should you notice they are leaving behind streaks, have them changed so that you can see properly.
• Check your car headlights – Properly working headlights are really important. They will enable you to see better whenever it gets dark during the storm.
• Check for leaks – The last thing that you want is to have a leak in your vehicle when it’s raining. Irrespective of where the leak is, it could cause water to get into your car, which could result in a large number of costly problems to repair.
• Check your wheels – Should you have tires that are old and the tread is worn-out, then you could have difficulties stopping and you could hydroplane.
• Have a mobile phone with you for emergencies – You can never predict when your car could breakdown, not matter what the weather conditions may be. Be sure to have a phone by your side so that you can call for assistance.
• Check your emergency kit – Make sure that you incorporate the things that will help you during a rain storm in case an emergency takes place. Include things like an umbrella, rain gear, flashlight, as well as other handy things.
After you have gone through the check-list and your car is prepared to handle a heavy rain storm, you also really need to think about your driving habits. Change your driving habits for the bad weather conditions. When it comes to heavy rain, this means slowing down, leaving more room between you and other motorists and truly concentrating on driving. It is important that you totally do away with any distractions that may be present. Bad weather conditions can cause things to happen unexpectedly on the road and you need to be prepared to respond fairly quickly to a wide variety of situations.
Be prepared, be safe! For more information on seasonal car care or auto insurance Ontario, check out Insurance Hunter.
Related Articles -
Car Maintenance, Car Care in Rainy Season,