Extensively used in the pumps so as to create barriers in order to control the flow of liquids as well confine the pressure, the Shaft Seals are important industrial components that guarantee the safety of the motor. The Shaft Seals are used in industrial equipment so as to guarantee their safety and the characteristic features like high durability, minimal maintenance requirements as well as excellent performance add to the overall worth of these seals.
In the most basic of its forms, a Shaft Seal is a combination of a rotating and stationary part. The choice of the type of the Shaft Seal that is to be used would depend on the following factors:
- The liquid present in the system and to be controlled.
- The properties of this liquid are another important consideration.
- The impact on the Shaft Seals is also to be evaluated. This impact, which is being talked about, can be mechanical, thermal and chemical.
Types Of Shaft Seals
The Shaft Seals can be availed in various forms and the selection would always depend on the exact details of the application and the properties of the liquids and ambient environments as well. Some of the major types of the Shaft Seals are as follows:
- Rotating Shaft Seals: Used in situations where the two pump components are moving in relation to each other and are fitted between rotating pump shaft and the housing of the stationary pump or motor.
- Static Shaft Seals: With high resistance to the liquids being used and is capable of withstanding the pressure generated by the whole setup and does not break down easily.
- Balanced & Unbalanced Shaft Seals: Assist in the achievement of a surface pressure between the primary seal interfaces that is acceptable.
The rotating part of the Shaft Seals has a primary and secondary seal and a seal driver complete with a retaining ring as well as spring and spring retainer. On the other hand, the Shaft Seals have a stationary part as well that has a seat and a static seal.
Related Articles -
Compressor Crank Shafts Suppliers, Compressor Crank Shafts, Refrigeration Spare Parts, ,