Women love jewelry. It's a fact. And if you want to impress your lady love, nothing says you care more than picking out a piece that enhances her beauty. The task can be daunting for men so here are a few tips to follow when shopping for jewelry. |
First off, know that there is a dazzlingly long list of jewelry types and styles. It's impossible to list everything down but women love rings, necklaces, earrings and bracelets. From the four, it's on to the matter of selecting a style.
Vintage-inspired pieces feature designs spanning a few decades ago to Victorian styles, Gothic and any trends of eras past. The style is making a comeback as the intricate details make for unique pieces. Be warned that authentic vintage jewelry is expensive so be prepared to part with a considerable amount of money.
Contemporary designs have a 'cleaner' look, i.e. not too many fine details and more of smooth lines, simple solitaires and whatever else is the latest trend. The modern style is similar to contemporary but features a conscious break from past designs. You may find older influences mixing with contemporary, for instance, a solitaire diamond ring but with a cut that's the newest design.
With eclectic, you get a blend of different cultural influences. A good jeweler will be able to tell you which designs are currently in demand and which are timeless.
Now that we've looked at a few styles, let's move on to how to actually pick jewelry.
• Play the detective and note the type of jewelry she wears. Maybe she prefers clusters or solitaires, silver, gold or platinum, precious stones or semi-precious stones. Do remember that not all women who don't wear gold don't like gold; they just may not be able to afford it. But if your woman is seen consistently wearing silver or platinum, it's safe to say she's not a fan of the yellow metal.
• Average-sized women will be able to fit most jewelry. With necklaces, 20-inch pieces will be ideal for women who favor low-hanging pieces. If you aren't sure what she favors, stick with 16-inch pieces.
• The right color is crucial as women are particular. Some prefer understated or 'clearer' pieces such as transparent stones (diamonds, crystals etc) while others lean towards retro and colorful designs. It shouldn't be difficult to gauge what your woman prefers: just notice her style of clothes and jewelry.
• Ring sizes can be tough to determine as even a small misjudgment will cause an ill-fit. What you can do is speak to a good female friend of hers who knows her size or has roughly the same size hands. If there's no one to help, chance it and ask the store if the ring can be exchanged later.
• Jewelry is worn either every day or on special occasions. If you're buying for daily wear, choose pieces that aren't too showy and are easy to wear. For example, pieces that feature too many stones or very fine details may get damaged easily so go for items with a more solid feel or with continuous lines.
• If you're choosing jewelry for a special occasion the event will influence your choice. Christmas and birthdays deserve pieces with more sparkle like cocktails rings and drop earrings. Anniversaries call for more expensive picks such as a gold necklace or a diamond bracelet while engagements require the 'serious' stuff like diamond rings, rings with sapphires, emeralds or rubies.
One gift a man cannot go wrong with, is jewellery. Every jewellery store in Vancouver comes with a dazzling long list of types and styles to suit his lady love, from bracelets, to watches, to necklaces, to rings and the list is endless! To get some help with choosing the best jewellery, browse this website.
Related Articles -
jewellery, store, in, Vancouver,